• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Hi,

You can't paste it anywhere.

Here the full code: http://pastebin.com/Htwvz7xz

Basically, replace:

Code:
def resolve_playback_url(self, key):
    svc = RemotingService(self._AMF_ENDPOINT)
    rdio_svc = svc.getService('rdio')

For:

Code:
def resolve_playback_url(self, key):
    svc = RemotingService(self._AMF_ENDPOINT)
    svc.addHTTPHeader('Cookie', 'r=YOUR-R-COOKIE-VALUE')
    svc.addHTTPHeader('Host', 'www.rdio.com')
    rdio_svc = svc.getService('rdio')

When programming Python, indentation is important.

Please, make a copy of you rdioxbmc.py file if you try to modify it but you are not sure what are you doing. If you are not sure, maybe you would like to wait a new version if this hack works for everyone.

Regards.

@danmarwas - you are a genius! Thanks for the tip!

I'll give this a whirl tonight and if it's all good will try to push a patch immediately.
It works! I've released a new version 1.3.4 with the fix. Let me know how you go with it.

A billion thanks to danmarwas for finding the problem - you're a legend!
OK. I installed the new version and now I can't log in. It tells me password is incorrect, but I've double and triple checked and it should be right in settings. Any idea what might cause this?
(2012-08-09, 13:15)ampedandwired Wrote: It works! I've released a new version 1.3.4 with the fix. Let me know how you go with it.

Works here too - also the tracks that gave me that error earlier! Thanks a lot for this fix!!
Woot just wonderfull !! Thanks guys works great!!
@dkplayaclub, could you post a debug log? Make sure you set the logging level to "debug" in the system configuration first.
OK. I think this is what you're looking for.

http://pastebin.com/PbXBDXNh

If that's not it, let me know. Im still new to this. I am able to log in through mozilla, just not in XBMC.
Here is my log http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6364
Can not launch on ATV2 errors out immediately after clicking
Please help if you can

Thanks for the hard work
@dkplayaclub - thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately it doesn't tell me anything except that Rdio thinks your password is incorrect (The text "password is incorrect" is lifted directly from the Rdio login page), which we know isn't the case as you've already quadruple checked it Sad

Not too sure where to go with this one, but here are a couple of suggestions to start with:
  • Quintuple check your password. Verify it directly in the Rdio config file by having a look at the contents of this file: <xbmc_home>/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.rdio/settings.xml
  • Do you have any punctuation in your password? If so, perhaps try changing your Rdio password so that it only has letters and numbers, then change it in the Rdio XBMC settings and try again. Underscores or dashes should be OK, but stay away from any other punctuation, especially spaces, ampersands, greater/less than and single/double quotes.

Let me know how you go.
@dallasnights, that's an odd one. Seems like a completely unrelated xbmc addon is causing Rdio to fail somehow. All I can suggest is that you open this file in a text editor:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.protobuf/lib/google/__init__.py

And check to see if there are any spaces before the "__import__" statement. If so remove them. The file should have only a single line hard up against the left margin:

__import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace(__name__)
(2012-08-10, 04:56)ampedandwired Wrote: @dkplayaclub - thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately it doesn't tell me anything except that Rdio thinks your password is incorrect (The text "password is incorrect" is lifted directly from the Rdio login page), which we know isn't the case as you've already quadruple checked it Sad

Not too sure where to go with this one, but here are a couple of suggestions to start with:
  • Quintuple check your password. Verify it directly in the Rdio config file by having a look at the contents of this file: <xbmc_home>/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.rdio/settings.xml
  • Do you have any punctuation in your password? If so, perhaps try changing your Rdio password so that it only has letters and numbers, then change it in the Rdio XBMC settings and try again. Underscores or dashes should be OK, but stay away from any other punctuation, especially spaces, ampersands, greater/less than and single/double quotes.

Let me know how you go.

Checked, double checked and tried till my eyes bled. Nothing doing....
Created a new Rdio account and put that info into the setings.xml file and it works. I guess it just didn't like my account. Weird
Now plays great. Best audio addon for XBMC. Please never stop supporting this!!
That's bizarre. I assume you were able to log into the normal Rdio website with the same (old) credentials OK? Glad you got it working anyway, and glad you enjoy the addon!
you are a genius working great on ATV2 again, it was the Google Music Addon I was trying to get to work wierd

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Brilliant, happy its working for again for you!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2