• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Thumbs Down 
A flawless add-on. Stations are missing. Like really missing Smile
(2013-11-30, 18:31)cmckitterick Wrote: The Rdio plugin hasn't been working for me for some time now. Whenever I try to play a song, the plugin generates an error. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Rdio plugin to no avail.

EDIT: Changing stream to RTMP from HTTP fixed the problem.

Thanks @cmckitterick, glad you got it working. I'll have a look into this error, looks like getting playback info over the web might be broken. If you have a chance, could you send me a full debug log showing the error?
(2013-12-01, 19:32)gfdsa Wrote: A flawless add-on. Stations are missing. Like really missing Smile

Been getting lots of requests for stations, I'll bump it to top of the priority list, although I don't think the Rdio public API actually supports stations yet so it might have to wait a while longer...
great addon!!
Has anyone here noticed problems using this addon with the nbox skin? I'm sure (like... 90% sure?) that this isn't your responsibility to ensure the addon works with other skins, but I thought this was very curious.

For quite a while now I've been using nbox, and noticed that I have been unable to see any of the albums for artists in my collection. Basically I would go to Artists and select an artist (or go to Albums) and I see a completely empty list. If I instead go to Search Artists and select an artist that way the albums would show correctly. I assumed this was an issue with the addon, maybe due to the trouble of using undocumented rdio APIs, but today I switched back to Confluence on a whim and was surprised with success.

I looked at the troubleshooting section on the github wiki and couldn't find anything similar. Has this ever come up before? I just tried another skin and that worked as well... I guess I'm going to have to give up nbox.

Tangentially I would just like to thank you for your work on this addon. I like rdio, I love xbmc, and I have huge respect for people who take time to fill in the blanks like this.
Hi Niiko, glad you like the addon Smile Haven't heard of anyone coming up against that problem before, you're probably best off taking it up with the nbox maintainers but I'll give it a go myself in the next few days and see if I get the same result.
Merry xmas!

Was very excited to discover there was an Rdio Addon for XBMC! trying to get it to work on my Ouya. I've installed the latest addon but I can't even get past opening it - as soon as I click on Rdio I get the 'Script failed! Rdioplugin.py' error. I noticed a few others in the forum were having similar issues but didn't see a reply (that I could understand anyway). I've pasted the log here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102057

I was able to configure the login with the the API key and secret, and my username - but not sure if that works since the addon won't launch at all.
Sidenote - what should my username/password be if I login to Rdio with my facebook credentials? My facebook name and password? or the email associated with my facebook account and fb password? I'm guessing once the addon actually opens this will be my next problem..

Thanks for your help and all the great work you've been doing with this addon!
I am experiencing the same problem as voodoochild1979
I installed Rdio & put in my login & api & password, but it says failed to authenticate. I have tried retyping everything to make sure it was put in correctly, but keep getting the same message. Do I need to change anything else?
Hi

Has there been any progress in fixing the playback issues. Is working up to the point of playing a track then hit issues

Streaming:

HTTP: rdioplugin.py Script failure
RTMP/AMP: loops 3 times and fails
RTMP/WEB: loops 3 times and fails

Had a working API key and it stopped working, got a new one and same issues

Frodo 12.1 (Android)
Rdio ver 1.10.0
Hi ampedandwired, rdio was working great, now has reverted back to 30 second clips of the songs. I've grabbed another set of api keys & shared secret key but still only 30 second clips, could you give me an idea of what to do next please thanks.

EDIT>> Solved, I created a new Rdio account. Then once logged into my new account, I searched for my name and followed my old account so as to not have to add all my artist again. Thanks
Ampedandwired,

Awesome addon, well done!

Just wondering if there was a way to create playlists and a way to put songs into a queue?

Cheers

skydog
Got it working on Windows 8.1 after a few missteps.

1. Had to manually create the directory plugin.audio.rdio after initial plugin execution failed with "unable to update icon" error.
2. Had to manually update settings.xml after mistyping my username and not being able to launch plugin due to authentication failure. Since the plugin wouldn't launch, I couldn't get to the setting screen, and that's why I had to manually update the settings file.
3. Had to make sure streaming mode was set to RTMP/AMF. This is actually the default, but I saw a note that RTMP might not work on Windows, so I switched to HTTP (which didn't work). Switching back to RTMP/AMF is working so far.

Thanks so much for this awesome plugin! It dramaticallly improves my htpc/10-foot-interface listening experience.
Hi ampedandwired,

First of all, great addon!
It works perfectly with Frodo 12.3.

Do you also have plans to make it compatible with Gotham?

Greetz

Gufgar

---------- Edit ------
I just reinstalled Frodo, installed the addon, and then installed Gotham again.
It works :-) !!!!
Thanks again for the great addon.
Yes it would be nice with Gotham support... please :o)
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2