Couple questions on .xml locations
Hello, and FANTASTIC skin! I used PM3 HD for a long time, as I had it so customized, that I didn't want to go through it all again, but after testing this skin, I can not resist! I have quite a bit of success porting a lot of my customizations over, and am stuck on a few others, and hoped you could give some advice.

In this screen cap:

MyVideoNav.xml is where I placed the image, that displays on the top of the DVD cover if a trailer is available. It is also the XML where I placed the overlay that gives the DVD cover a glassy look.

What I am trying to find is where to place the text in yellow (I just added it in Photoshop to the image) , I am trying to add the year to the end of the movie title, and to do so, has to be aligned with it.

Also, When I have plot information set to be displayed, I would like to make the gray overlay area between the list and the DVD cover a tiny bit taller, so I can include a bit more information from when the plot is not shown, such as the Genre, rating & and run time for instance. In what .xml is the overlay area for that set up for width height ect?

I KNOW the countless hundreds of hours you have put into this skin! I wrote the DFX skin for the RideRunner front end (over on MP3Car.com). There are around 10,000 people using my skin from the number of times it has been downloaded and installed. It is an endless chore answering questions, trying to fulfill suggestions, tweaking, debugging, and adding new features. So thank you from one skinner to another on an amazing and well thought out skin!
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
it's the fanart view, so you'll find the code in View-Fanart.xml

the movie title should be zround line 338, change it to:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Title] [COLOR=yellow]($INFO[ListItem.Year])[/COLOR]</label>

the info background image is 'underlay.png', i think you need to adjust the one at line 325
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie Thanks! ! I am not making it physically yellow on the screen, just did that to hi-lite it in the screen cap Wink

Amazing skin, and it's pretty much perfect, other that just a few personal tweaks!

EDIT: Just added the year in parentheses at the end of the title, and realized the parentheses showed when at the top of the list, with no movie selected. This should probably be in the skin for consistency on line 339..

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Year) </visible>
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks so much for the tips! I was able to add the few items I wanted, along with the plot outline all together in one screen.

Nice.

Feel like sharing your .xml, Mr. john?
(2012-06-13, 04:20)JohnWPB Wrote: EDIT: Just added the year in parentheses at the end of the title, and realized the parentheses showed when at the top of the list, with no movie selected. This should probably be in the skin for consistency on line 339..

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Year) </visible>

a better way would be to use:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Title] $INFO[ListItem.Year,(,)]</label>
and remove the visible condition.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-06-13, 16:10)argh! Wrote: Nice.

Feel like sharing your .xml, Mr. john?

This was really done for my preference, but I do not mind sharing it. I hope it is Ok to put this here, if not Ronie, let me know and I will remove it. I zipped up the view-fanart.xml and put it HERE.

(2012-06-13, 20:28)ronie Wrote: a better way would be to use:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Title] $INFO[ListItem.Year,(,)]</label>
and remove the visible condition.

Thanks for the tip, but looking at your code, I realized that I did not make the data on the end white, to match the look of the rest of the text area.

All Fixed Now:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple questions on .xml locations1