Home Automation Add-ins ? (mControl)
Hi

Was wondering if there are any Home Automation add-ins for XBMC ?

Currently using mControl on my WHS and have it fully integrated in to Windows Media Center, so I can turn on and off lights and the fireplace from the MCE UI, I can also view the IP camera in the garden. Also at night time the lights auto dim and brighten if I play / pause a movie etc.

Can any of this be done in XBMC ? Is anyone else using mControl / Z-wave?

Thanks
On my Windows 7 HTPC I am also able to create .cmd files that can be run to carry out certain activities and control particular devices that are in the mControl Home Automation system on the WHS server. I covered how I set this up on my blog here.

Wondering if I select to play a movie in XBMC and the time is say 9PM that XBMC could some how run one of my cmd files to say Dim the lights?

Another advantage of using these .CMD files is I can turn a regular Harmony Universal remote control in to one that can turn lights on and off (As long as the HTPC is on), I added some custom buttons on the remote that send keyboard commands to the HTPC, I am using AutoHotKey to detect these commands, AutoHotKey in turn runs the .CMD files that are sent to mControl to change the device status on / off / dim light etc.

I'm looking for this too. The nearest thing I've found is some Python scrip to control a Teldus TellStick that will talk to a number of wireless switches and dimmers from different manufactures; turn on the lights on pause for example. Also been looking at some plugins that will show a stream from IP cameras so with some work it looks like you could set something up but I've not found anything close to the mControl setup you've described.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67546&page=3
Hi Guys,

don't know if this is useful to you been using a while on Eden to dim the lights on the start of a movie

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110392
Hi

Is anyone using Vera from Micasaverde? I just ordered a VeraLite which is a Home Automation gateway device for controlling Z-Wave devices and appliances. I have found one add-in for XBMC and Vera github.com/gderosa/xbmc-vera does this still work with Vera Version 3?

Any other XBMC add-ins for controlling a Vera Home from within the XBMC UI ?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Automation Add-ins ? (mControl)0