UPnP Music Renderer
Hi there, and thanks in advance to anyone able to answer this question!

Also, I have to say, as a person who just recently put together his first HTPC, XBMC is amazing! Thanks to all the devs who work on this project, it is truly a great piece of software.

And now onto my question . . .

Is there a way to have XBMC switch to a visualization when music is played to XBMC (used as a renderer) via a upnp controller?

I have XBMC installed on an HTPC, connected to a Panasonic plasma, via a Marantz receiver, in my studio apartment. I have my music, movies, and tv shows stored on a file server, and I spend a great deal of time on my desktop computer. In general, programs like foobar2000 or MediaMonkey provide the best library browsing and playlist queuing experience when seated at a desktop, but the sound system connected to the XBMC HTPC is vastly superior to the PC speakers at my desk.

When using a UPnP controller (foobar2000) to play music (stored on my server) from my desktop computer to XBMC (in order to output that through my A/V receiver and speakers), XBMC seems to change its display to the last menu screen browsed, rather than a visualization (milkdrop). This happens when music is initially played to XBMC, but even if the visualization is then manually brought full-screen, the display reverts as soon as a track is changed via the upnp controller. Since I have a plasma tv, I worry about burn-in with any static images, so I either need to manually switch XBMC to a visualization, or turn my tv off when playing music via the upnp controller.

Preferably, I would not have to turn the tv off, or manually switch back to the visualization each time a track is skipped or new music is played.

Is there an easy solution that I am missing?

Bump.
Hi All,

I have the same requirement. I control xbmc in the living room via BubbleUPnP for Android and when the xbmc renderer changes tracks it reverts to the last menu or home menu until the screensaver timeout switches back to full screen visuals after 1 minute, in my case.

My ideal scenario would be that xbmc returns to FullScreen visuals immediately on track change and that the screensaver timeout is independent of this.

Can this behaviour be tweaked?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP Music Renderer0