X-FI Rear Satellites has no sound
Hi All,
I'm hoping that someone has run into the same problem and has solved it. For the last couple of days I've been trying to fix a sound issue that I have been having with the movies and XBMC.

I'm using XBMCbuntu installed (not the live cd). The computer that i'm running this on is a minicomputer, which doesn't have an expansion slots etc.. I chose this for the small form factor. I'm using the built in video, and audio (initially). I was taking the sound from the lineout from intel motherboard line out using 3.5mm and taking it into a receiver (a HT-C5900 Samsung ) using a Aux inputs. However, I was getting poor sound so I purchased a Sound Blaster X-FI 5.1 Pro usb device. I hoping to receive the sound from the computer/xbmc via usb to the X-FI device, and the X-FI is connected to the receiver via SPDIF digital.

Now, I played a Blueray disc in the HT-C5900 and I know all the satelites are working correctly.

I've read a bunch of articles and forum posts to get the thing running, now I can see X-FI listed in Pulse Audio (controller), however, the only closest option is Analog 5.1 (not sure if this is right).

In XBMC the Audio Output settings are as follows :
Audio output : Optical/Coax
Speaker Configuration: 5.1
Boost Volume Level on downmix : On
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver : On
DTS capable receiver : On

Audio output device : Defaults (PulseAudio)
Passthrough output device : iec958 (ALSA)

On movies which is listed as 2.0, I'm not receiving sound to the rear satellites, only to the front left and right speakers and to the sub. Is this right ? can I get rear left/right if anything to emulate the front left right ?

On movies which as listed as 5.1, I don't hear anything until I change audio output to Analog, and the other chanels are not audible (i.e I can hear the background noise/sound of the movie but I cannot hear the speach).

Someone please help...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X-FI Rear Satellites has no sound0