Night 2 (for Eden)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Takra Offline
Thanks for the skin. I've been manually patching minor bugs (movie set icon not being displayed), but I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out how to fix. The movie stacking seems to be broken in the skin and I'm not sure why. The files show as stacked "stack:\\Path1, Path2" but when I play it, only part 1 plays. Normally when stacked, movies show the full duration of both parts together and the second part is automatically loaded when the transition is reached, but the Night-Eden skin is only showing a duration of part 1 and terminating as if it weren't stacked at all. All other skins I've tried don't have this problem and so I'm hoping it isn't a complicated fix. Any feedback would be appreciated. I've tried reinstalling the skin with no luck. This happened after upgrading to Eden and I just got around to discovering it.
find quote
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2012-10-07 00:57)Plutotype Wrote:  Hi Balinus,

thanks for Night2 for EDEN. Is there any way to swap that white arrow thumbnail for a different photo? It appears for example when no movie is selected.
Where exactly stores night skin its native media files, backgrounds?
Thanks

You'll need to change the file "DefaultFolderBack.png" inside the "media" folder of the skin. Alternatively, if you want itnot to be shown, there's a native XBMC setting where this item is not shown.

(2012-10-07 01:18)Takra Wrote:  Thanks for the skin. I've been manually patching minor bugs (movie set icon not being displayed), but I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out how to fix. The movie stacking seems to be broken in the skin and I'm not sure why. The files show as stacked "stack:\\Path1, Path2" but when I play it, only part 1 plays. Normally when stacked, movies show the full duration of both parts together and the second part is automatically loaded when the transition is reached, but the Night-Eden skin is only showing a duration of part 1 and terminating as if it weren't stacked at all. All other skins I've tried don't have this problem and so I'm hoping it isn't a complicated fix. Any feedback would be appreciated. I've tried reinstalling the skin with no luck. This happened after upgrading to Eden and I just got around to discovering it.

I'll take a look into it when I have some free time.
find quote
john.doe Offline
Banned
i just asked in the other threat.. hope its okay to ask the same question here since its another developer..
is it possible to use this skin with xbmc 12 frodo for live tv?
find quote
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
I don't think so, I didn't tried. You might be able to do it be reading here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126502

I think you only need to change the addon.xml and put xbmc.gui=4.0.0.
find quote
tjsuominen Offline
Hi.

Seems apparently not working (OpenElec build)... I hope the Skin developer returns Smile

//timo
find quote
hatbrox Offline
Hi,

Just installed Eden RC3 on W7
installed the repo from zip file. All 3 skins are reported BROKEN
Tried to installed the skin directly from zip and got this error: Dependencies not met

I also tried on RC2 with the same result.
(This post was last modified: 2013-01-20 06:12 by hatbrox.)
find quote
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
Indeed, the three skin from the repo are not compatible with Frodo yet. I'm still using Eden, so until I switch to Frodo, I won't have time to do it.

Actually, it's more : "since I don't have time to update Simplicity, I'm not using to Frodo". Smile
find quote
hatbrox Offline
yes, sorry for my post, for some reasons, I believed Eden was the upcoming version.
Then I will not use Frodo until night is ready.
custom home screen menus/sub-menus is vital to me.
find quote
Vibes Offline
(2013-01-23 11:04)hatbrox Wrote:  yes, sorry for my post, for some reasons, I believed Eden was the upcoming version.

Yea this is the best skin ever. I will not update to Frodo if night isn't working. Any ETA on how long it may take? Nice job otherwise man :-D
find quote
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2013-01-30 11:48)Vibes Wrote:  
(2013-01-23 11:04)hatbrox Wrote:  yes, sorry for my post, for some reasons, I believed Eden was the upcoming version.

Yea this is the best skin ever. I will not update to Frodo if night isn't working. Any ETA on how long it may take? Nice job otherwise man :-D

I've barely updated Night to Eden. mcborzu made Night.

As for a version for Frodo, don't count on it. I have absolutely no time in 2013.... so maybe in 2014? Smile
find quote
Kib Offline
Team-Kodi Server Dude
Balinus, we could make it a joint effort - similar to what I did to Neon

Neon skin - v3.0.8 now available for XBMC 13.x (Gotham)
find quote
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
Well, feel free to update Night. I really don't have a minute to do it! I've put the source code (with the unpacked media folder) here:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-repo-balin...loads/list

As far as I can remember, you only need t update the code related to "ListItem.Art(*)" for the views and update the xbmc.gui inside addon.xml.

Enjoy! Smile
find quote
davehx Offline
It would be great if you could update it Kibje. I've been taking a look but it is a bit beyond me at the moment. I, like others, have not upgraded to Frodo yet simply because I want to keep using Night.

Hope someone can make a Frodo version
find quote
fanni Offline
i also would love to have the night skin for frodo since updating i'm really missing it

Think i may just go back to eden as no other skin ticks the same box's for me as this one does

Would love to know how to start converting it using the source code but haven't got a clue Sad
find quote
Balinus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2013-07-28 21:54)fanni Wrote:  i also would love to have the night skin for frodo since updating i'm really missing it

Think i may just go back to eden as no other skin ticks the same box's for me as this one does

Would love to know how to start converting it using the source code but haven't got a clue Sad

Look here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126502

Not user friendly, but you can slowly make your way with that thread and by asking relevant question here or in the skin development sub-forum.
find quote