Night 2 (for Eden)
Hello!

Here's a version that can be used with Eden. I've corrected some bugs and added support for Artwork Downloader. I don't plan to add new features, etc, but I'm in for correcting bugs and doing some cosmetics changes if there's popular support behind it.

Acknowledgement : mcborzu for the creation of Night.

NOTE: Due to conflict with Passion-XBMC repository, I've renamed the skin "Night-Eden" (among other thing). So, if you are with 2.0.1, you might be forced to install "Night-Eden (ver 2.0.2)" in parallel to Night 2.0.1.

DOWNLOADS (Stable release: 2.0.2)
Repo file (for future updates) : http://xbmc-repo-balinus.googlecode.com/...alinus.zip
Manual install (ver 2.0.2 : http://xbmc-repo-balinus.googlecode.com/...-2.0.2.zip
Project Home : http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-repo-balinus/

You install this file by going into the Addons page (inside Settings) and click on "Install from Zip file". Then, you install the skin by going into my repo, through th Addons browser.

Enjoy! Report bugs here or on the google code page.

PS : If you use Night (SVN), from Pasion-XBMC, you might be forced to uninstall your actual version of Night before installing this skin. This is because I use the same directory name (skin.night.svn) as Night (svn) from Passion repo.

CHANGELOG

2.0.x (11-06-201)
  • Corrected Volume bar bug
  • Corrected Logo Panel view bug where it wouldn't correctly when going back from Season/Episode view to TV Show view
  • Full support for Artwork Downloader add-on
  • Corrected bug when using PseudoTV from the Home screen
Thanks!
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Well, the crash seems related to the Recently added script. I've removed that part since it's now included directly into Eden.

So my guess is that it won't crash (at least, not for that reason! Wink )
ok, I'll look into that. Not sure how favorite works..
Thx for taking up the mantle of developing this. It was also my default skin until I switched to Eden. Now I use a modded version of Neon. Still like some apsects of Night though.

One bug have noticed is that using the backspace button on keyboard when in the movies node and returning to the main menu is that the TVshows button takes focus. Should be Movies keeps focus. (under windowze).

Appreciate the efforts. Keep it up.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
(2012-06-27, 11:14)KidKiwi Wrote: Thx for taking up the mantle of developing this. It was also my default skin until I switched to Eden. Now I use a modded version of Neon. Still like some apsects of Night though.

One bug have noticed is that using the backspace button on keyboard when in the movies node and returning to the main menu is that the TVshows button takes focus. Should be Movies keeps focus. (under windowze).

Appreciate the efforts. Keep it up.

Tks!

I can't reproduce your bug though. Using backspace on my keyboard takes me back to Movies (or back to the previous node, whatever the node).. also using Windows (Vista, I'll test later on W7).
(2012-06-27, 15:54)Balinus Wrote: I can't reproduce your bug though. Using backspace on my keyboard takes me back to Movies (or back to the previous node, whatever the node).. also using Windows (Vista, I'll test later on W7).

I'm using XP. I'll reboot to check. It did seem a weird one.

Update: I rebooted and still the same. Further, it doesn't matter what node I enter, when I back out with the backspace button it always selects the TVSHows button as the default focus. Is this set somewhere? If it is, can you tell me how I can set a default focus on a Wraplist? I want certain submenus to always default to the same button. Thx.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Hi there, greetings from Spain.

Thank you Balinus for offer your support in this gorgeous skin. It was one of my favourites before upgrade to Eden.
I had made some minor changes in order to use all the items (movies, music....) in file mode, just only editing the home.xlm file.

Maybe you can help me....

Is there a way to set the poster view to poster fixed view?

Which code do I need to modify in posterview.xlm?

Thanks in advanced
(2012-06-28, 00:40)KidKiwi Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 15:54)Balinus Wrote: I can't reproduce your bug though. Using backspace on my keyboard takes me back to Movies (or back to the previous node, whatever the node).. also using Windows (Vista, I'll test later on W7).

I'm using XP. I'll reboot to check. It did seem a weird one.

Update: I rebooted and still the same. Further, it doesn't matter what node I enter, when I back out with the backspace button it always selects the TVSHows button as the default focus. Is this set somewhere? If it is, can you tell me how I can set a default focus on a Wraplist? I want certain submenus to always default to the same button. Thx.

I'm not sure you can set a default position in a given list. XBMC should remember your last position. Which doesn't seem the case in your setup though!. The command in Night, when you click on Movies is :

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

This bit of code is compatible with Eden, but it's not Eden "standard". I have to change this code, but the behavior should be the same with the new code. You can try modifying it by replacing the following code in Includes.xml :

Code:
<include name="Movie_Regular">
    </include>

by :

Code:
        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,movietitles,return)</onclick>
    </include>

Maybe that will change your bug, but I doubt it.

For your playlist matter...there's an option in Night where you can add custom playlist to the Home Menu. That would be the closest thing for your taste imo.
(2012-06-28, 01:42)joselbcn33 Wrote: Hi there, greetings from Spain.

Thank you Balinus for offer your support in this gorgeous skin. It was one of my favourites before upgrade to Eden.
I had made some minor changes in order to use all the items (movies, music....) in file mode, just only editing the home.xlm file.

Maybe you can help me....

Is there a way to set the poster view to poster fixed view?

Which code do I need to modify in posterview.xlm?

Thanks in advanced

Well, by looking at the code of the Poster View (Viewtype_Poster.xml), it is already a "fixedlist". On my computer, the focused position is fixed. So, maybe I didn't understood correctly your question..?

Good luck in the finals...against Germany? Wink

Sorry, my fault. I was talking about slide view. Is there a way to set it fixed like poster view?

Which line do I need to modify in viewtype_slide-xlm?

Thanks
(2012-06-28, 15:16)Balinus Wrote: I'm not sure you can set a default position in a given list. XBMC should remember your last position. Which doesn't seem the case in your setup though!. The command in Night, when you click on Movies is :

Code:

This bit of code is compatible with Eden, but it's not Eden "standard". I have to change this code, but the behavior should be the same with the new code. You can try modifying it by replacing the following code in Includes.xml :

Code:
    </include>

by :

Code:
        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,movietitles,return)</onclick>
    </include>

Maybe that will change your bug, but I doubt it.

For your playlist matter...there's an option in Night where you can add custom playlist to the Home Menu. That would be the closest thing for your taste imo.

I'll have a suss and see what I can do. I have to try it on my Linux-based ION yet. Does seem weird. Thx.

(2012-06-29, 00:18)joselbcn33 Wrote: Sorry, my fault. I was talking about slide view. Is there a way to set it fixed like poster view?

Which line do I need to modify in viewtype_slide-xlm?

Thanks

You could change this line
Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="595">

to :

Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="595">

It doesn't change much the behavior though, as fixedlist and wraplist are very similar.
Is anyone else having a problem with this skin where it doesn't play movies where the file has punctuation in it?

Eg "movie, the.mkv"

This seems to only happen for me when using this skin, but works for other skins
As a rule of thumb, don't name any file on a computer with these kind of characters. Some OS doesn't support them.

However, with that being said, I tested a file name "L'Auberge, Espagnole.2002.mkv" and it worked in Night.

What OS and do you use a network share or are the file stored locally?
Thanks Balinus,
I half figured it was a problem only with my setup. I'm running Windows 7 pro with EventGhost shell and xbmc Eden.
Media files are stored locally on the computer (and shared on the network for other devices).
My UserData folder is actually quite old, so I'll wipe that and re-build to see if that fixes the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night 2 (for Eden)0