[Release] Last.fm scraper for Music Videos
It is not possible to make a really good quality scraper for music videos due to various reasons, however as we didn''t have a working music video scraper at all in the official repo, you can grab this from there from now on.

The scraper ONLY supports music video files with the naming convention: 'artist - track'.
-> Note the dash and the space between and after!!!

As being said it will not work perfectly, but I do hope it does the most...
Just thought I'd let you know this is neat, didn't realise how new it was. When the Yahoo! one got deactivated my XBMC stopped adding videos to the library (the same day I managed to destroy the library - d'oh!), but your Last FM one came to the rescue Smile Copes with the artist_-_songname convention too Smile

One, hopefully small, request - is it possible to get it to write the .nfo and .tbn files so you don't need to recreate from scratch to correct a minor error (e.g the odd capitalisation sometimes present on Last.FM), or is there another way to do this?
The scraper can't write directly those files, however you can use the export function of xbmc in order to achieve what you want.
Yes, it copes artist_-_songname convention, but the accuracy I think will be lower. I will need to look at this.
hi i got problem

i have e:\musicvidoes and there are folders :

rihanna - where have you been and in there is file rihanna - where have you been.mp4

i set contet as music video e:\musicvideos and click ok or update library and nothing happens...

what do i wrong? i try also on e:\musicvideos and there in files mp4 but still nothing
Eden 11.0 Windows 7 x64 sp1 metadata.musicvideos.last.fm 1.0.0

I have the last.fm scrapper set for music video source. For the most part (maybe always) I am getting the "cannot connect" popup in the UI which I have to click through on all the media files. Looking at the log file it looks like in most cases libcurl is returning error 22 when the url is passed to it:
Code:
21:41:38 T:6080 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
21:41:38 T:6080   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
21:41:38 T:6080   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

Running the url manually in FF 13.01 returns:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<lfm status="failed">
<error code="6">Track not found</error></lfm>

Note that my filenames are UTF-8 and don't necessarily follow <artist> - <title> which seems to be the required convention? Even if named wrong it seems like it should fail more gracefully. But I get this error even when the url is constructed with a valid artist and title.

Any ideas?

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
again thx for all your latest work, olympia. scraping really improved a hell lot in the last few months, those universal scrapers are just awesome.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-07-18, 23:02)scott967 Wrote: Eden 11.0 Windows 7 x64 sp1 metadata.musicvideos.last.fm 1.0.0

I have the last.fm scrapper set for music video source. For the most part (maybe always) I am getting the "cannot connect" popup in the UI which I have to click through on all the media files. Looking at the log file it looks like in most cases libcurl is returning error 22 when the url is passed to it:
Code:
21:41:38 T:6080 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
21:41:38 T:6080   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
21:41:38 T:6080   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

Running the url manually in FF 13.01 returns:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<lfm status="failed">
<error code="6">Track not found</error></lfm>

Note that my filenames are UTF-8 and don't necessarily follow <artist> - <title> which seems to be the required convention? Even if named wrong it seems like it should fail more gracefully. But I get this error even when the url is constructed with a valid artist and title.

Any ideas?

scott s.

Hi,

I get the same issue.
Were you able to fix it? If so, how?

Thanks!
Not really. In my case all my files are tagged (using MediaMonkey4) in mp4 format, and I found a way to batch create nfo files from the tags in MediaMonkey. Then I found out that MediaMonkey tags using UTF-16 but the resulting nfo file isn't read by XBMC until I convert them into UTF-8 (which I found some freeware that does this). So it is a bit tedious but by using nfo files and folder.jpg files I got them into the XBMC library. I still have an issue with multi-entry tags/field (for example, album artist with multiples). I guess XBMC is looking for " / " in the nfo file so I need to do a global replace (MediaMonkey uses "; " as a separator).

I guess I could in MediaMonkey rename all my files and the last.fm scraper would at least try to get the info, but from what I've seen last.fm isn't that great a source (maybe I didn't give it a good tryout) so I am happy using the nfo file instead of scraping.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Alright thanks for getting back to me.
I actually used to create my own nfos too, but thought the scrapper would be better.
Yet...
i'm getting 'could not download information - unable to connect to remote server'... is it broken?
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
(2012-08-23, 22:00)gotoman00 Wrote: i'm getting 'could not download information - unable to connect to remote server'... is it broken?

It does that if it couldn't find an Artist - Title match Sad
Yes, this scraper only supports 'Artist - Title'. Shouldn't broke scraping though... I may look it this at some far point in the future.
(2012-06-11, 18:29)olympia Wrote: It is not possible to make a really good quality scraper for music videos due to various reasons, however as we didn''t have a working music video scraper at all in the official repo, you can grab this from there from now on.

The scraper ONLY supports music video files with the naming convention: 'artist - track'.
-> Note the dash and the space between and after!!!

As being said it will not work perfectly, but I do hope it does the most...

I most likely think I am doing something stupid here, but on the version of XBMC I installed a day or two ago, I could get the last.fm scraper just by selecting it in the Library Source before I added my music videos. Yesterday I was having problems with the install so I decided to re-do it once again, just using a different tactic and now, even if I select Force Re-Fresh and Check Updates Manually I can only get the Yahoo scraper in the Add-Ons...Huh Is there a way of manually installing this scraper or something like apt-getHuh

Thanks for the reply in advance.
addon manager?
(2012-09-06, 18:31)olympia Wrote: addon manager?

LoL. Yeah, that was what I was meaning, but the add on manager doesn't seem to find the last.fm add on at all.... Unless like I said, I'm just having a senior moment and I can't see it, but there is no "Install" or "Update" for the add on which is why I asked if there was an alternative way of getting the add on besides the add-on manager. Sorry, I think I may have been a bit vague the first time around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Last.fm scraper for Music Videos0