Some problems adding DVD TV Series ?
Hi

Having some newbie issues with TV Series..

I have a mixture of TV Series in Video files and some DVD rips. My folder structure and file naming is perfectly setup for My Movies / WMC as per their requirements. The My Movies wiki outlines this here

I just tried adding a new source, I pointed it to the KIDS TV (DVD) folder on my home server and selected to use TheTVDB scraper.
I've also just switched to the Aeon MQ3 Skin (Very nice eye candy!!). There is only one TV show in this kids dvd folder and its a DVD VIDEO_TS rip.

However when I click on it (Via TV Shows Library), it does not play and takes me to another screen that says "Library Empty! Add content by selecting "VIDEOS" In....

If I go to Files instead of TV Show Library I can browse to the Disk1 folder, if I right click this and select Play the DVD plays fine.

My folder path is as shown in the below screen shot.

I will try to add my Kids TV (Videos) folder as a new source in XBMC next see if that works out better than the DVD folder did.

Thanks

OK the Kids TV Video files (AVI) seemed to be added in to XBMC no problem, it downloaded the meta data from TheTVDB OK and because all my AVI files are named correctly such as: nameofTVShow S01E01 nameofEpisode.avi its listed them all correctly in the TV Shows library in XBMC.

So just an issue with that Pocoyo TV Series on DVD rip...

Actually there is one TV Show on AVI that is also doing the same thing as the Pocoyo DVD rip.

Maybe the files paths are not quite right for XBMC.

As you can see Blue's Clues (AVI's) added fine as did In The Night Garden seaons, perhaps this "Library Empty!" issue is just to do with those two particular titles and their metadata ?

Dunno ?
the file name have to be something like
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer S00E01 <optional ep title>
(2012-06-11, 22:00)vikjon0 Wrote: the file name have to be something like
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer S00E01 <optional ep title>

Well spotted! Renaming the AVI file fixed the playback for that one!

Just the Pocoyo DVD rip to figure out now.

Thanks
Hmm does it even work with TV Series that are DVD rips ??

I just added my main TV (DVD) folder as a source in to XBMC and you can see a new TV Series Steptoe and Son

If I select Steptoe and Son I then see the screen shot below again

Maybe its skin related? As this "TV Shows" menu item only appeared when I changed to Aeon MQ3. It sucks being a newbie all over again, but liking XBMC so far Big Grin
Well I just tried this in Frodo and it still doesn't work. Does the same thing as Eden did above and does not play the discs. I take it XBMC just does not support TV Shows on DVD rips (VIDEO_TS) ??

Thanks
Off Topic, CW-Kid, are you the same CW from MB? The one that made all the transcoder guides, etc?
(2013-02-14, 08:09)endlesslyonline Wrote: Off Topic, CW-Kid, are you the same CW from MB? The one that made all the transcoder guides, etc?

Hi

Yes one and the same, I did use Media Browser for a while back on Windows Vista.
I wrote about the limitation in XBMC and TV Series in DVD rips here on my blog.

Think I will be looking at re-encoding to individual Video files using Handbrake, any good dummy guides for that ?

Thanks
you could also use clonedvd to extract the episodes from the dvd to a single .iso ..
(2014-01-05, 14:22)darkfiberz Wrote: you could also use clonedvd to extract the episodes from the dvd to a single .iso ..

Do you mean extract each episode from the DVD rip to individual .ISO files for each episode?

In the end I used DVDFab to rip the TV Series DVD discs to a VIDEO_TS folders and then I used Handbrake to extract each episode in to an individual .MKV file.

I wrote a four part how-to on my blog:

How to rip and convert TV Show DVDs for XBMC – Part 1
How to rip and convert TV Show DVDs for XBMC – Part 2
How to rip and convert TV Show DVDs for XBMC – Part 3
How to rip and convert TV Show DVDs for XBMC – Part 4
Why not use MakeMKV and rip them to individual mkv files.
Well if i for example rip a DVD with 4 Murder She Wrote episodes in VIDEO_TS format ..

i can open them in dvdclone and select the 4 episodes and then either remove menu or keep it intact.
i convert it to Murder She Wrote S01E01E02E03.iso and xbmc will recognize and play these ..

optionally you can choose 1 episode and turn them into a .iso separately ...

XBMC will never play the exact chosen episode if you have multiepisode dvd or iso ... unlike a loose avi / mkv / mp4 ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some problems adding DVD TV Series ?0