XCode 4.3.3
iOS SDK 5.1
latest XBMC code from github

compile error when executing:

make xcode_depends

Code:
AS    libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_arm.o
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:38:Unknown pseudo-op: .arch
libavcodec/arm/asm.S:38:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 97 (a).
make[2]: *** [libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_arm.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2

I have tried the gas-preprocessor.pl in this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128227
but it still doesn't work

Is there anyone who knowns how to solve this problem?

Thanks for great job on XBMC project!

enter "which gas-preprocessor.pl" and put the output here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
/usr/local/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl

version from HEAD of
https://github.com/yuvi/gas-preprocessor
use the one in tools/darwin/depends/gas-preprocessor, cp it to /usr/local/bin/
i`ve tried this one, just the same error
V=1 make so I can see the entire error line.
Normally it should take gas-preprocessor.pl from /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/toolchain/bin ... but nvm ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-07-31, 03:43)davilla Wrote: V=1 make so I can see the entire error line.

From the entire error line, seems like "/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/toolchain/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl" and "tools/darwin/depends/gas-preprocessor" are different
I put the right version to toolchain directory, and it works well
p.s. I tried compile Eden-ATV2-iOS5 branch before, so gass-preprocessor.pl in toolchain directory is from that branch.

now i have the final question(maybe), xcode 4.3.3 needs codesign in build setting, so i signed the package with my own key, and delete codesign script in build phases, is there any problem?

thanks, and also thanks to @Memphiz
no problem. You can patch xcode so that it doesn't need codesigning - but if you've got a dev cert its no problem to use it.
I've never been able to build successfully on Lion (or now M. Lion). Moved gaspreprossor to the right places via the various tips I've seen around here but the build always breaks with this error:

make -C ffmpeg
CC libavdevice/alldevices.o
clang (LLVM option parsing): Unknown command line argument '-stack-alignment=16'. Try: 'clang (LLVM option parsing) -help'
clang (LLVM option parsing): Did you mean '-ssc-dce-limit=16'?
make[2]: *** [libavdevice/alldevices.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2

Any tips Davilla or Memz?
Compiling for iOS on Mountain Lion is not supported (ffmpeg issue - bug already reported to ffmpeg). For god sake i'm really trying to keep the readmes for osx and ios updated in the docs dir. But nobody cares to read it.

As stated in README.osx <- this is compatible with mountain lion
As stated in README.ios <- there is no mentioning of mountain lion which means its not supported (and no i won't start to add "WARNING NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ML" or "WARNING NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE OSX VERSION APPLE WILL RELEASE IN 3 Years".
(2012-08-02, 09:41)Memphiz Wrote: Compiling for iOS on Mountain Lion is not supported (ffmpeg issue - bug already reported to ffmpeg). For god sake i'm really trying to keep the readmes for osx and ios updated in the docs dir. But nobody cares to read it.

As stated in README.osx <- this is compatible with mountain lion
As stated in README.ios <- there is no mentioning of mountain lion which means its not supported (and no i won't start to add "WARNING NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ML" or "WARNING NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE OSX VERSION APPLE WILL RELEASE IN 3 Years".

OK OK I get it _but_ I always got the same (or very similar) error when trying to compile under Lion, which is why I gave it a go under ML. Finally decided to ask for a little help cuz it seems that other people successfully compiled under Lion. I'm not a coder, I only learned how to compile to feed my nightly addiction so I basically don't know whats going on -- I just follow the steps in the README which I know pretty well.

thanks.
It definitly works under lion (with xcode 4.3.2). But that said - the readme is not suited for non developers and its hard to hit that target (sure its intended to be followed step by step. But this is based on a clean system. Once the messing around has started it might be that some stale configurations from beforehand are leading to errors even if the readme is followed to the word). For starting from scratch on lion do:

Code:
make -C tools/darwin/depends/ distclean
git clean -xfd
rm -r /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends
rm /usr/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl
rm /bin/gas-preprocessor.pl
rm /local/usr/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl

then follow the readme after the checkout step. But again - this won't get an ios build running on Mountain Lion using Xcode 4.4.

And if you don't use Xcode 4.4 on Lion (i'm not sure if this is available there) i doubt to 100% that you got the same error message like on ML.
any solution on how to compile for IOS on ML?? using latest xcode?
maybe a proper command line script?

any solution on how to compile for IOS on ML?? using latest xcode?
maybe a proper command line script?
its not fixed and you will notice once the readme.ios gets updated with ml support. Though this is really low priority since our buildbots are all running 10.6 or 10.7. So just be patient. If you really want to help us in development and the non working compile on ML is the problem for this - this should be your first task to fix then Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compile error on lion0