Linux Shared Lib. problems
Hello!
i just built a 2nd htpc and wanted to share my 1st xbmc's library. google brought me to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
i followed the how-to but it doesn't work out...

All the files were played locally on htpc1, now i created a smb share for the second xbmc client: //htpc1/XBMC
htpc2 can access htpc1 smd share - ok

as the "old" library was in use for quite a while i decided to try path substitution. the files are on "/data1/media/video"
so i created the following advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>/data1/media/video/</from>
    <to>SMB://192.168.178.219/XBMC/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
my sources are "/data1/media/video/Movies" and "/data1/media/video/TV-Shows" - must i do the pathsubstitution for every single source?
the xbmc.log shows:
Code:
12:20:03 T:140473308522240   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://192%2e168%2e178%2e219/XBMC/1Movie'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
12:20:03 T:140473308522240   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /data1/media/video/1Movie/
my first thought was that theres a problem with samba so i added the samba share to fstab - but this didn't change anything.

what am i supposed to do?
The example shows
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>C:\OLD\file\path\movies\</from>
    <to>SMB://NEW/file/path/movies/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
this shows the absolute path to the source directory on a windows system. Your code doesn't include a full path to the source directory.

You haven't said what system you are running but
1. if you are running windows you need to include the absolute path and swap your / for \
2. if you are using linux then I would think that you'd need to provide the full path for the source (something like /mnt/data1/media etc) but I can't say for sure
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
hi!
i'm using ubuntu. the path is "/data1/media/video"
Try and use lowercase smb:// if that won't work, se below

Please tell me what
Code:
smbclient -L 192.168.178.219
returns and also try
Code:
smbclient \\\\192.168.178.219\\XBMC
(there are that many backslashes)

you might need to do
Code:
sudo apt-get install smbclient

will do! (@work right now)
right now i have:
Code:
<to>SMB://192.168.178.219/XBMC/</to>
could it be that this must be changed to
Code:
<to>SMB://user:[email protected]/XBMC/</to>

edit: if pathsubstitution works will the path to the file begin with smb:// ... or will it still be /data1 ... ?
alright. i solved the samba problem somehow... (changed to lowercase smb and added user:pw)
after reboot i ex- and reimported the database but the library had some duplicate entries (didn't disappear on clear library) and on most movies i couldn't get movie information (pressing "i"). so i decided to build up form zero and removed all the sorces.

now i'm wondering what i should do:
a) add sources from smb
b) add local sources and use path substitution

will there be any differences in performance?

edit: should i change to nfs for the xbmc share? i used smb becaused i already set it up for my windows shares...
Youll be fine with smb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared Lib. problems0