Linux Remote becomes unrepsonsive when screen darkens
Hi,

I have XBMCbuntu Eden installed on a shuttle XS35GTV2. After the initial installation I had a few issues to sort out but one remains. If I pause a video once the screen darkens (or if it darkens on the main screen, power saving mode I guess) the remote with stop working. I also have a keyboard plugged in and if I press a key on that the remote will start working again.

I have a Hauppauge Media Center Control Kit (Remote and IR Receiver)

The only changes I have made to the fresh install is to:
  • Enable HDMI Audio
  • Disable Wireless (stops video jitter)
  • Enable wake from suspend using the remote (which always works)

Also once the screen darkens the light on the IR Receiver will stay on until I press a key on the keyboard. After that the light on the receiver goes off and the remote works.

I know this has to be something simple but if anyone knows how to fix this it would be great!

Thanks,

Ross
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I seem to have fixed this on one device but I have no idea how! I was writing a guide on setting up eden on the shuttle and while going through some of the steps it started to work. If I figure it out I'll post the solution.

If your interested the guide is here.
I found one permanent fix. You can install the package "ir-keytable". This package allows the kernel to process the IR signals instead of lirc. There are many guides on how to use ir-keytable around the forums.

Turns out the problem seems to be related to the combination of TV/LIRC/IR Receiver. If I swap the two shuttles between the two TVs the results are always the same, it won't work with the same TV each time. I have even upgraded the firmware on the problem TV but no joy.

So the only permanent fix for this is to use ir-keytable and turn off LIRC.

I have chosen to use a workaround instead. If I chance input sources on the TV the remote wakes up. It will do me for the moment!
Thanks.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote becomes unrepsonsive when screen darkens0