Sky Go Mirroring From iPad 1st Gen
Good afternoon,

If i want to mirror sky go from my ipad to my ATV2 do i just need to disable native airplay and open XBMC or is there anything else i need to do like something to do with the advancedsettings.xml file?

Will it just play?, Will i still have the Airplay icon? What else do i need to do to get this to work?

ATV 5.0.2 Jailbroken with XBMC Installed
Ipad 1st Gen, Jailbroken with Sky Go & Display Out from Big Bosses Repo

Thanks in advanced

DJ

Why don't you just try it out?
It should work however...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Thanks for the reply, im not at home so wanted to get some information just in case i missed something, or needed to do something else.

I will try it later.

Thanks

DJ
enable airplay in xbmc settings.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can only get sound, just get visulizations instead of a picture
I remember something of Sky Go blocking Airplay - but that shouldn't be a problem with the DisplayOut, right?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Yeah Sky Go has blocked Airplay but there must be a way around it. I already have Display out on the ipad which works well with Sky Go with a connected cable to the tv but i really want to try and get the airplay to work for 2 reasons, 1. i know it must be possible and its bugging me that i havent cracked it yet and 2. because i watch sky go quite a lot i need to have the ipad plugged in charging whilst watching it, i cant do this with the connected cable as it uses the power socket on the ipad to fit the adaptor. Ive also tried an app in cydia called Airplayenabler but still no joy.
This is - unreflected - from a german forum (I unfortunately cannot test anything as I do not own an iPad):
1. start the SkyGo App
2. start a movie (or a stream, or whatever Wink )
3. Activate SBSettings (swipe from left to right over the time)
4. Activate DisplayOut
5. Close SbSettings (just tip on the time)
6. You should be able to airplay it then...

This is all I could find... what version of iOS are you running on your iPad?

i'm currently on 5.1.1.

I will give that a go tonight when i get home and i let you know how i get on. Thanks for your input.

DJ
Just to confirm, I tried the above but still no result. I think German Sky Go allows tv out where UK dosent but there must be a way. Back to the drawing board
I feel your pain!

If you figure it out please let us know, I have access to sky go via a friends account, but am forced to watch on an iPad 1 screen.

I'm non jail broken, but if there is a free way to tv out sky go using either my VGA cable or AirPlay I'd be very interested and would happily JB for that sole feature!

Keep at it fella Smile

There is a way with a VGA cable or a HDMI cable. What you need to do is Jailbreak your iPad using Redsn0w then go to Cydia and download xcon version 36 not the latest 37 as this doesn't work yet with sky go, Xcon 36 will be in ModMy.com's repo. This will bypass Sky Go's jailbreak detection. Then you need to go to the BigBoss's repo and download Display Out, i think it costs about £1 - £2 for this but its worth it. Then your all done, plug your iPad into the tv using either a HDMI or VGA adaptor and you will have sky go on your big screen. If you need to buy and an adaptor i would suggest if your tv has a HDMI to get the HDMI adaptor as this streams the picture and the sound together without having to plug your ipad into external speakers if you were to use a VGA.

What im trying to do is the above but without the cabling and using airplay. If i get any further with it or someone can help i post it to this forum.

Thanks

DJ
Still no joy, anyone else got any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sky Go Mirroring From iPad 1st Gen0