A few weird movie quirks.
Hey all I have a few questions I hope are easily solved they have plagued me for a while but never had the time to look at them until now so here they are.

1) I just added a bunch of movies to my "movies" folder, when I update the library however they aren't showing up at all, have I missed a step here? I also deleted a bunch of movies and used the clean library tool and it deleted the ones missing but did not add the new ones. What to try now?

2) I have two Anime movies for which XBMC thinks they are normal live action movies as they have similar titles so the synopsis and fan art and all of that sort of jazz is wrong. What is the best way to sort this out? Is it to insert my own metadata manually? How would I do this?

3) I have two sets of Movies (Die Hard and Rush Hour respectively) that are labelled as Die Hard 1, Die Hard 2, etc etc. In XBMC however the movies are grouped together into one 8 hour long title rather then their separate titles. Any idea why this would work in such a manner?

On a side note would it be worth getting Couch potato for my movies just to have them work like TV shows or does that software not allow me to be as flexible as Sickbeard with selecting what show (and resultantly what data) it scrapes as a result?

For those wondering although I doubt it is imperative to these problems I am running XBMC on win7 64bit.
I'm going to leave this here but the steps I was taking before just worked then for some reason using refresh for the movies not showing up correctly and update library automatically started to work, it seems with my other movies from googling that I need to put the year after them so I will try that.
Definitely add the year. Otherwise I think you solved your problem.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
See also Adding videos to the library (wiki) if you need any more help.
Don't ask me why but the only way to get it to scan for movies first is to delete one from the library, which is no biggie because it just re-adds it. Only last quirk is that I am running TheMovieDB as my scraper yet I can't seem to enable Movie Sets, could this possibly be a skin issue or am I missing something? Would be nice for example to have all the Fast and Furious titles under "F" even though some start as "The" same with Die Hard as the last starts with L.
Go to settings.. video... and confirm you have 'group movies in sets' selected.
Sorry that is what I meant, when I go to the Video pane in the settings section it is not showing up I only have options to flatten TV series.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few weird movie quirks.0