No picture on tv after updating to iOS5 ->
Hello,

I`m not sure if this is the right forum, but I can`t find a solution to my problem anywhere else. It seems like there is lot of smart people here Smile

When I was runing iOS 4.4.4 on my ATV2 i worked flawless with XBMC. But for som reason I found out that an upgrade would be nice Confused

Well after I`ve updated my ATV2 I can`t get a picture on my TV. It`s not broken. I can get picture on my daughters TV.
The weird thing is that my cable decoder, xbox 360 and PS3 works great.
Did apple do something with the HDMI drivers on the upgrade.

Hoping that somebody can help my. So I can run XBMC in my living room again Angel

Sorry for my bad english...

Sincerly

KT
Try restoring in iTunes to factory default, then do the jailbreak again.
It doesn`t help. I`ve tried it several times...

Are you using the same HDMI cable when you tested on your daughter's TV? Maybe a bad cable?
I`v checked the cable... it`s ok

Maybe it`s my tv thats old. Funny that it happened after an upgrade though ? And that everything else works.
Apple changed the HDMI handshake often (for example it was quick for ios 4.2 - slow for ios 4.3 and now on ios 4.4.4 its quick again with my lg tv).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-06-12, 19:06)Memphiz Wrote: Apple changed the HDMI handshake often (for example it was quick for ios 4.2 - slow for ios 4.3 and now on ios 4.4.4 its quick again with my lg tv).

What does this mean in the way of the HDMI output works on my tv?
Thorvaldo, HDMI handshakes can be a pain sometimes. Try changing to a different hdmi input on the tv and back to the apple tv again (with the source button, not the actual cable.) If this doesn't help, try a different hdmi port on your tv. If that doesn't work, try holding both buttons on the appletv remote until the light on the front of it flashes very quickly, this will do a processor reset on it. If you're still not having any luck, make sure that "HDMI Control" is turned off in your tv settings (it's HDMI-CEC, sometimes called bravialink with sony, vieralink with sharp, it's differently named with each brand.) If you're still having no luck, try another device on that input of your television (move the cable) to make sure the input is good, and then try restoring the appletv back to stock. If other devices work on that input in your television, and atv still won't display with stock software, apple must have changed the handshake in a way that it doesn't work correctly with your brand of tv, but will work with your daughter's brand. Just as apple can change how their device does the handshake, so does each brand roll their own method. I work tech support for an AV company and deal with this sort of thing all the time, feel free to ask any further questions if that still doesn't help out. Outside of that, restore to an older firmware and that should take care of it.
Plug the ATV into a HDMI switch. Then plug the HDMI switch into the TV.

A switch like this:

http://www.meritline.com/high-speed-hdmi...33053.aspx
Hello again people.

I`ve found a solution to my problem thanx to you

My solution was this:

I have only 1 HDMI on my tv so I use a switch. But that didn`t go well with my ATV2.

So I connected another switch between the ATV2 and the old switch. And suddenly it worked. WTF?

I don`t know why its like this, but I`m once again a happy XBMC user.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction u guys Smile

T-
(2012-06-16, 12:21)Thorvaldo Wrote: Hello again people.

My solution was this:

I have only 1 HDMI on my tv so I use a switch. But that didn`t go well with my ATV2.

So I connected another switch between the ATV2 and the old switch. And suddenly it worked. WTF?

T-

Wow great!
I had a similar problem from a Denon receiver to the TV.
Just curious if you tried connecting only the second switch between the ATV and the TV?
Don't try it now if you haven't. It works, that is all that matters.
(2012-06-16, 14:23)Dixon Butz Wrote:
(2012-06-16, 12:21)Thorvaldo Wrote: Hello again people.

My solution was this:

T-

Wow great!
I had a similar problem from a Denon receiver to the TV.
Just curious if you tried connecting only the second switch between the ATV and the TV?
Don't try it now if you haven't. It works, that is all that matters.

Ya I tried that, but the picture was flickering and the audio was crappy to... Don`t know why

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No picture on tv after updating to iOS5 ->0