XBMCLive Won't Connect To Network Server
Hi, Apologies if this has been raised before, but I couldn't find any info on a search.

I have XBMCLive installed on an Acer Revo with a wired connection to my network. I've been using this setup for a few years with very few problems. However, whenever I now select a source (Videos/Files/Shared location) I get a dialog box "Remote Share - Could not connect to network server". I tried re-booting but the same happens. Now...if I go to System/Settings/Network/SMB Client and pretend to change the Workgroup name (eg. backspace the last letter and put the 'P' back in, it thinks I've made a change to network settings and asks me to re-start. Once I re-start I don't get the error message and can access the source as normal. This is driving me insane, as I have to do this every time I turn the Revo on!..

This seems to coincide with Virgin Media 'upgrading' my router to a Superhub, so I'm not sure what effect that would have and if it's causing the problem. I'm not an expert on network and router matters Huh

If anyone has had the same problem or could advise on a solution, I'd be very very grateful for the help. I'm assuming it might just be a case of changing some settings..maybe on the router/PC side.

Thanks
Sorry to bump, but I'm desperate Confused

Any help would be appreciated.
See if you can get us a debug log (wiki) of when you try to access shares.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive Won't Connect To Network Server0