Linux Conect an external samsung 32" Tv
I have a problblem with my xbmc configuration, because I don't know how to conect an external tv to my computer. where could I get the edid file for these kind of tv

Thank you
What type(s) of video output connections does your computer have (VGA, DVI, HDMI)?
What type(s) of video input connections does your TV have (VGA, DVI, HDMI)?
Sorry, I update my information
its a old laptop with vga so the same conector in tv, no hdmi conextion possibiliti for this laptop
If your tv is net enabled you can use Ps3 Media Server,I use it if I have issues playing a file within XBMC.

1. Get a VGA cable (male connectors on both ends).
  2. Plug one end of the cable into the VGA connector on your laptop, plug the other end into the VGA connector on our TV.
  3. Power-on both the TV and laptop.
  4. Refer to your TV owner's manual to see which VGA display resolutions are supported (640x480, 1024x768, 1280x800, etc.)
  5. If your laptop's current display resolution isn't among the ones listed in the TV manual, change your laptop's display resolution to a common denominator that is compatible with both the laptop's and TV's displays.
  6. Refer back to your TV owner's manual to see how to switch video input to VGA (or PC) mode (usually done using the remote control).
  7. Check your laptop owner's manual for instructions on how to switch video output to an external monitor (usually a function key or key sequence on the keyboard).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Conect an external samsung 32" Tv0