Linux Mouse don't reach lower section of the screen
Hi ... i ve been using xbmc from a long time, and never had any problem,

yestreday i ve just decided to upgrade my Ubuntu to Ubuntu 12 and with that XBMC was updated to Eden 11.0 ...

Every thing worked fine... BUT .. in full screen, the mouse pointer dosen reach the lower part (for example cant click on the shutdown button, nor click on the CAST button on the info page neither)

my first thought was a problem with the new confluence skin, but changed to PM3 and still have the same problem
Have you tried changing your display to a lower resolution to see if that makes any difference? Is XBMC's display resolution the same as your computer's?

Meanwhile, you can use your keyboard or remote to access those functions inaccessible with your mouse. XBMC is designed primarily to work with keyboard/remote rather than mouse, but that's irrelevant as far as your problem is concerned.
I've seen this issue if I start XBMC on a 1920 x 1200 screen and flip it to a 1920 x 1080 screen, kinda weird in that you would think the mouse pointer would have full range over the smaller screen... (might have something to do with mouse mapping) solution is to exit and re-start on the existing screen. Could this be your issue?

Standard talk is don't use a mouse.
I know xbmc is designed to work with a remote, I use xbmc since xbox 1 and I miss the Controller S for controlling it.

At this moment i ve still not descided wich kind of remote i will use (mini KB with pad, eHome RC, xbox 360 controller) but as im using this computer with as a desktop computer also (i'm writting this mail siiting in my couch) by the moment i would be happy is the mouse feature works properly as it was working until my last update. Read the forums and you will notice that i'm not the only one who use a mouse in xbmc.

I still have the mentioned problem above, but, i ve figured something:

without a doubt its a bug, and a way to reproduce it is if I resize the windows in windowed mode to any size (say 200 x 200 pixels) when I go to fullscreen I can move my mouse in a cropped area of this size (200 x 200) letting unreacheable the right and lower part. when I start xbmc in linux, it starts first in windowed mode maximized but due to the upper and lower pannels of GNOME. the windows size it's about 50 pixels smaller, and then when the full screen mode it's enabled, I can't reach those lower 50 pixels.
any one can try to reproduce it?
I have version 11.0 compiled on 24 april

I think the ay to reproduce is:
x) go to windows mode
X) resize the window to a small window
x) go to fullscreen mode with the \ key
x) try to move the mouse all over the screen
I have never encountered this problem until I followed the steps you outlined above... and it seems to only occur with Ubuntu 12.04. I tried the scenario with XBMCbuntu and Lubuntu 11.10/XBMC Eden and neither exhibited this odd behavior.

The "boxed in" cursor occurs even if I reboot my system before launching XBMC. If I toggle from fullscreen to windowed and back, the cursor movement is unrestricted; however, if I select any XBMC function and then return to the home page, the cursor is restricted again.

I finally got rid of the problem somehow by switching from Gnome 2 to Unity and randomly messing around with resizing the window and toggling back-and-forth to fullscreen. Once the problem disappeared in Unity, I switched back to Gnome 2 and all is fine once again: I can toggle fullscreen to my heart's content and the cursor is no longer boxed in. However, I'm not going to manually resize my XBMC window again... at least, not on my Ubuntu 12.04 installation.
I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one with this problem.

I have ubuntu 12.04 with gnome 2 (uninstalled unity)

so ... it is enough to rise a bug? at least it seems to be reproducible ...
any xbmc developer have seen this behaviour?
should i post a bug in tack?
I have also run into this. I am running Linux Mint 13 64bit Cinnamon. I launch XBMC Eden from Gnome Classic because if I launch from Cinnamon, I get the GLX error that is well known to crash Xorg.

However, I don't get it all the time. When XBMC first starts at 1920x1080 everything is fine. The something triggers it where I can no longer mouse over the bottom button bar. The best I can figure that triggers it is watching a video fullscreen. Once I do that I can't mouse down to the "play controls" (stop, pause, forward, etc). If I exit the video, then I can't reach the XBMC shutdown buttons on the bottom.

I haven't figured out a way to make this stop, has anyone?
I am also facing the same problem as Sebastian on Ubuntu 12.04. Has this problem been fixed?
Does anyone have any updates on this issue?
Currently XBMC uses SDL for handling of windows, mouse, and keyboard. I have never observed this behavior on my systems. Nevertheless we have been working on removing SDL on Linux over the last couple of months. Now we have full control over these functions. There are still some problems to solve before we can merge this work.
Under Ubuntu 12.04 (Gnome Classic fallback Desktop)
I set the lower panel to auto-hide. I was then able to access the XBMC control buttons at the bottom of the screen. The mouse still does not reach the very bottom of the full-screen but at least I can now use the controls. I suspect that auto-hiding the top panel will allow fix the issue entirely but have not tried it.
I also have this problem. It can confirm to 99% that it started after switching to "gnome-classic" session...

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04, has anyone verified the bug with 12.10?
4 people with the same odd behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse don't reach lower section of the screen1