Backing Up Old Skin before Update?
I've just updated to Eden today because I didn't realise how long it had been since my last update, as a result the Recently Added script is broken on the skin, this is fine because I can simply turn it off but I wanted to update to 3.0 anyway to try it out. Incase things go horribly wrong though and break beyond all reason I want to be able to swap back to the set up I have now. What is the best way to back up the skin in it's current form rename it to something different so it's still there.

Also does it literally reset ALL my settings or just the aesthetics (as in should I go and write down what I had turned on and off so I can just flip them back to how I liked it?).

It started downloading the skin so I've closed XBMC and won't open it till I get a reply on how to back it up first.

Thanks to everyone who put this skin together it really is the best one out!
(2012-06-14, 04:16)grnt Wrote: I've just updated to Eden today because I didn't realise how long it had been since my last update, as a result the Recently Added script is broken on the skin, this is fine because I can simply turn it off but I wanted to update to 3.0 anyway to try it out. Incase things go horribly wrong though and break beyond all reason I want to be able to swap back to the set up I have now. What is the best way to back up the skin in it's current form rename it to something different so it's still there.

Also does it literally reset ALL my settings or just the aesthetics (as in should I go and write down what I had turned on and off so I can just flip them back to how I liked it?).

It started downloading the skin so I've closed XBMC and won't open it till I get a reply on how to back it up first.

Thanks to everyone who put this skin together it really is the best one out!

to make a manual complete backup you need to copy the skin.aeon.nox folder in addons/ and the guisettings.xml in userdata folder.
only skin settings are lost, no xbmc -own settings (but since everything is overhauled you´d probably want to change all skin settings all anyway)
lookin forward to your opinion Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Didn't realise the addon folder was actually in User profile until AFTER I updated as I couldn't find it but really no issues at all, took me like 20 mins to get it all set up perfectly. I do have one question though, with the old skin in the movie section I had fan art enable in Showcase mode with the plot hidden unless you hit up on the remote which I am still doing but the only difference was if you hit up again you had the option to play the trailer in the window, now instead it opens the options menu and lets you do it from there. Thing is I don't want to have to open the options menu to do this, or is that just how the skin works now?

Otherwise it is stunningly beautiful and I think this new release with the new skin even runs more smoothly too Big Grin
(2012-06-14, 05:08)grnt Wrote: Didn't realise the addon folder was actually in User profile until AFTER I updated as I couldn't find it but really no issues at all, took me like 20 mins to get it all set up perfectly. I do have one question though, with the old skin in the movie section I had fan art enable in Showcase mode with the plot hidden unless you hit up on the remote which I am still doing but the only difference was if you hit up again you had the option to play the trailer in the window, now instead it opens the options menu and lets you do it from there. Thing is I don't want to have to open the options menu to do this, or is that just how the skin works now?

Otherwise it is stunningly beautiful and I think this new release with the new skin even runs more smoothly too Big Grin

this is how it works now. makes navigation more intuitive.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backing Up Old Skin before Update?0