• 10(current)
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]
(2016-07-03, 00:30)CyberMonk Wrote: Got a response on Github from the libCEC developer, who believes the wake from suspend CEC issue is a bug in Kodi's implementation.

Posted a thread with details in the development forum; hoping it gets someone's attention!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=281212

Kind of doubt now, it is doing that since the library updated to version 3 and that's Kodi 15/16/17, nobody bothers to have a look on that. No clue why such a major bug goes unnoticed.
(2016-03-18, 07:50)Pashator Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 06:38)vnser Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 23:31)Pashator Wrote: Yep, same here! Worked perfectly fine with libcec 2.0 and stopped working with 3.0, most annoying thing that waking machine from stand-by won't wake up AVR and / or TV and turning on TV won't wake-up PC, the only thing working is shutdown, at least that would turn everything off. Seems like Kodi is not going to fix that.
I posted 3 tickets on this bug in kodi bugtracker and P8 github project.
I hope they'll fix this bug in Krypton 17.0-alpha1 Undecided

Thanks! Let's cross fingers they will.

I did some checking today again with latest beta (16.1RC1) and don't see any difference, realized however that go into stand-by mode mode works, power button on TV and PC's blinking and sleeping but wake up doesn't, neither from waking up PC or turning on TV. Had to turn TV and AVR manually.

They saying it was because of the way they restored connection to the adapter and the issue is fixed, just played for couple of hours with K17B5 and it is perfectly freezing after wake up.
Thinking about getting a pulse-eight adaptor, but reading above it seems support in Kodi might be dead - is that the case?
(2016-11-13, 16:00)tredman Wrote: Thinking about getting a pulse-eight adaptor, but reading above it seems support in Kodi might be dead - is that the case?

I bought the external one because the instructions to install the internal one are so bad that I messed up my NUC and had to buy a new one; thankfully the NUC was still under warranty.

To me it works but with some "hacks".

This is what I have:

- My TV is a SAMSUNG UE55D8000.
- My PC is an Intel NUC D34010WYK 120SSD 4GB RAM
- My OS: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, Trusty Tahr"
- My libcec: libcec3/trusty,now 3.0.1-1~trusty amd64 (not the latest one!)
- Kodi latest stable release 16.1

To me the CEC works and the comfortable feeling I have now is great. Using the mobile phone was too cumbersome to me, I might be old-fashioned but I like to use a remote control that I don't have to look at.
HOWEVER, I only made it work after freezing the libcec version to the 3.0.1-1. The latest one didn't work (even though the Pulse8 support told me to upgrade...).

sudo apt-mark hold libcec is the comand to freeze the libcec library.

The external USB doesn't turn on the NUC; it only wakes it up from sleep, that's why I had to set that the TV puts the NUC to sleep when it's turned off (in Kodi options).
Another "bug" is that the Bios of that "old" NUC doesn't have an option to keep the USB powered on after shut down. This means that if you shut the NUC down, and restart it, the CEC adapter won't work. You have to shut the NUC down, detach the power cable, reattach it, and it will work when starting the NUC. The adapter works also when rebooting the NUC or when waking it from sleep mode / standby.

Another "problem" is that when you start the NUC, a message first says that the CEC is not working, and then after 10 seconds it says it's OK, and it will work.

Hope that helps.
(2016-11-13, 16:00)tredman Wrote: Thinking about getting a pulse-eight adaptor, but reading above it seems support in Kodi might be dead - is that the case?

It works fine except except Kodi on PC is not coming back after sleep.
Is there anyway to execute a script when Kodi detects the AVR or TV switches on.

Have this problem where windows resets screen and sound options when it detects the HDMI port switching off. Unfortunately none of the ways suggested to hardcode these setting is working for me.

But I have a script to reset all those options, but cannot find a way of executing the script when Kodi/CEC detects the AVR/TV switch on event.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2016-11-20, 20:06)rterblanche Wrote: Is there anyway to execute a script when Kodi detects the AVR or TV switches on.

Have this problem where windows resets screen and sound options when it detects the HDMI port switching off. Unfortunately none of the ways suggested to hardcode these setting is working for me.

But I have a script to reset all those options, but cannot find a way of executing the script when Kodi/CEC detects the AVR/TV switch on event.

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

Does your avr have network connectivity? I ping my avr to detect whether it is on or off and the script will execute commands based on the result.
(2016-11-20, 20:53)teeedubb Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 20:06)rterblanche Wrote: Is there anyway to execute a script when Kodi detects the AVR or TV switches on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

Does your avr have network connectivity? I ping my avr to detect whether it is on or off and the script will execute commands based on the result.

That might work. Has an ip. Will see if that will work for me.

But might be a useful feature in future to be able to execute a script based on a CEC event.

Can see lots of uses for that.
Hi Everyone,

I have a bit of a strange issue that I'm not sure how to solve. When I try to watch a video with CEC working meaning I can control Kodi with my TV remote, the video will pause after 0-7 seconds and CEC will stop working. If I hit play via yatse or a keyboard the video will continue playing normally except CEC remains nonfunctional. If I stop the video and play it again (with CEC still broken) it will work normally without pausing. If I reset the CEC config to default CEC will work again but when I play a video I get the same issue, it pauses and CEC stops working.

Here's the debug output from when I started a video with CEC working.

http://pastebin.com/uvfLKQDC

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks!
since a few days my CEC-USB Adapter didn't work...
I found the following error in the log

Code:
20:16:32 T:140571542616448   ERROR: Unable to load libcec.so.3, reason: libp8-platform.so.2.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any idea how to fix it?
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Install libcec3
(2016-11-30, 22:40)teeedubb Wrote: Install libcec3

libcec3 is already installed...

Code:
kodi@HTPC:~$ sudo apt-get install libcec3
[sudo] Passwort für kodi:
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
»libcec3« ist bereits die neuste Version (3.1.0.1~xenial).
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
Try libcec4
(2016-12-01, 03:47)teeedubb Wrote: Try libcec4

same result...

Code:
kodi@HTPC:~$ sudo apt-get install libcec4
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
»libcec4« ist bereits die neuste Version (4.0.0.3~xenial).
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 10 nicht aktualisiert.
Just issuing sudo apt install libcec found and installed the updated libcec packages on my xenial system which was having the same issue as you. I didn't even have to reboot.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI CEC - USB Adapter [Pulse-Eight]1