OS X Fullscreen MKV playback flickering green
Hi

I have a strange problem.
I have OSX 10.7.4 , and XBMC run w/o problems with all files....
Until I downloaded a nightly (4/6 i think), which messed up the fullscreen playback of MKV files.
When I try to play a MKV file, the entire screen is flickering in green and magenta vertical lines, but if I go bak to the menu (with the movie still playing in the background, the movie plays w/o flickering (but very choppy)
All other media is unaffected.

I tried to go back to 11.0 stable, but everytime I try to open XBMC, it crashes.

Logfile attached

http://pastebin.com/8pPcMi56

Any help would be appreciated....
looks like you have a lib scan going on at the same time.
(2012-06-14, 16:39)davilla Wrote: looks like you have a lib scan going on at the same time.

Could that be the reason for the strange flickering?
Hmm, tried to turn off hardware acceleration, and the flickering stopped...
Strange...
do a mediainfo on the video content that flickers green with hardware acceleration on, there's something about its format that VDA does not like.
(2012-06-15, 15:37)davilla Wrote: do a mediainfo on the video content that flickers green with hardware acceleration on, there's something about its format that VDA does not like.

Done...

Mediainfo
cut me a 50-100MB sample from the beginning.
(2012-06-16, 16:46)davilla Wrote: cut me a 50-100MB sample from the beginning.

Here is a sample:

Sample (50MB)

But actually every single MKV file I have played on the nightlies respond in the same way...

I had the same green flickering issues on my Mid 2011 MacBookPro until i turned off hardware acceleration, but worked fine on a 2011 Mac Mini,

I have been using the June 18th build from here http://xbmc.picmania.org/index.php?dir=osx%2F but now going back to 2012-04-03_XBMC_opdenkamp_xvdr.dmg48876KB Apr 03 2012 12:56:39 PM since i was having some odd Audio issues passing DTS / AC3 and mpg via the optical out on the mini.

There seems to be some issue with AMD GPUs and hardware decoding related to a change in rendering. Unfortunately, all my OSX boxes have Nvidia GPUs and I cannot investigate/fix until I get my hands on something with an AMD GPU in it.
I can conform this bug with ATI hardware
I too am experiencing this issue.

I'm running 12.0 Alpha2 (Compiled June 2, 2012)
I have the same thing, in Alpha2 and nightly...I'm on a 2012 MBPwR (nvidia). All video is green and flickers/chops. v11 works perfect.
MBPwR, tried 7/11 nightly same...if hardware is enabled, green flickering with lots of chopping back + forth
Every single frodo nightliy have this problem...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen MKV playback flickering green0