Forced Subtitle downloader
Does anyone know of a tool that can handle forced subtitles for a large movie collection?

I realize this might be super specific issue, but it is literally the bane of my existence. I have a huge movie collection and on more than one occasion I've started a movie with a group of friends only to find out at some point during the movie, the characters start talking in foreign language and there are no subtitles to inform us whats being said. I know handbrake allows a search for forced subtitles track (or a cue to tell the movie to push the English track at certain points) during the encoding process and that sometimes the XBMC subtitle downloader plugin has a track for forced English subtitles but I'd really like a sickbeard type server that just scans my movie collection and downloads any forced subtitle track it can find from any number of online subtitle databases.

I've heard of something called Periscope, but I've never used it and don't know how appropriate it would be for this specific task. Anybody have any input on this?
145 views and nobody has any input at all? Even if it just starts a discussion, maybe it'll encourage someone much (MUCH) smarter than me to work on something like this. I have downloaded Subliminal but it doesn't exactly work for forced subtitle tracks...
I'd like this functionality as well. Forced subs are a pain to find.
Usually what I do is just redownload a proper or newer version but if you get capped on data or bandwidth this is an issue.
A tool would be nice tho
I feel your pain seth.feinberg. I've run into the same issue where I'm an hour into a movie and then some foreign dialog starts and I'm completely lost. At that point I'm too far into the movie to give up too! Would be fantastic if there was a tool that would find any forced subs available for the movies in your collection and then encode them into the movie so you don't have to mess with external subs. This could be optional for people that don't like embedded, but I'd imagine most people prefer them that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forced Subtitle downloader2