• 9(current)
Ordered MK802
(2013-02-06, 12:37)MediaGeorge Wrote: I know this thread has been quiet for awhile... can anyone tell me if the video problems got resolved for the MK802 running XBMC? I have one but kind of gave up on it around last August.

In not-too technical terms - can you run XBMC on an MK802 and watch HD video or is it still too slow and choppy? If yes can anyone point me in the right direction?

If no are the newer models any better? I really just want a similar small device that I can have a full XBMC experience on including LiveTV + PVR (using a HD Homerun network tuner, not expecting a tuner to be included Big Grin )

Many thanks

I was thinking the same. There are some Linux XBMC builds for the Mele players with the same Allwinner A10 SoCs (i.e. the same CPU, GPU and VPU) - but I've not seen any MK802 specific builds. (Though the hardware acceleration is limited by the flawed hardware acceleration drivers released by Allwinner - and AIUI most XBMC devs who were concentrating on the Allwinner have decided to stop trying to develop this further as Allwinner appear unwilling to co-operate despite what they have said)

• 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ordered MK8023