• 6(current)
[MOD] ReAlaska : ReFocus meets Alaska (0.9.6 git)
Here are two color "bugs" of your reAlaska skin from my post in the BIG thread:

(2012-06-24, 22:03)newsilentsilver Wrote: 1. Black on light blue is not good readable - and so are all realaska pop ups (e. g. favorites) not good readable. And the font there is for a big skin a little bit small, too. For testing I changed the black text color of the favorites pop up to white - a lot better to read. Wink

2. The focused text color at virtual key board at realaska is black. Because the text color there is black too, you can't see on which key you are. Wink I have a look at the original reAlaska mod, it's the same there.

Yesterday I activate live tv and saw another color "bug":

3. In the epg view the active row is black on black, too.

Seem to have a studio logo issue with my tv shows. Currently only the mtv logo is showing. Others like HBO, CBS, A&E aren't showing. In the dark as well as the light version. Anyone else?

Other skins work fine (even refocus itself).

Movies still doesn't show all labels, but this can be because of how wellknown they are and if there is an label available.
I love this skin! I discovered it looking into when Alaska would be ready for Eden. I agree the homescreen could use work. While the alt Homescreen above is nice, I'd really like to have a whiter cleaner design, maybe light gray Something like this:

Please someone make this happen!

Also It'd be amazing if you could add addons for each category to appear in the whitespace. More like confluence, because it really improves functionality:

(2012-06-27, 17:55)BMore710 Wrote: Hi I'm a noob to XBMC and your mod to the Alaska/Refocus skins are fantastic. I started dabbling into XBMC about a week and a half ago and your skin was the first custom skin I installed. Everything was fine for me but I noticed when I'm watching a TV show, when I pause it I don't get the mini-poster or whatever you would like to call it on the bottom left; however, I do get the mini-poster(s) for my MOVIES when I pause them...

I didn't understand why and when I was reading through the comments I noticed you said you uploaded a new version, and since I wasn't sure if the one I downloaded a week ago was the latest I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest and greatest, hoping that would solve my problem. Well, I think it created another problem because for some reason I don't get the option to change my VIEW TYPES once so ever now Sad as if that command doesn't exist any longer. I changed my skin and I'm able to change view types in all skins BUT this one now Sad And on top of that it still didn't fix my original missing image problem I mentioned earlier smh.

Hoping for some help. Thanks for all your hard work and everyone's in the community!

EDIT: haha nvm I figured out the problem in regards to the view types, however, I am still NOT getting images for my TV Shows in the bottom left of the info screen when they are paused :/

I'm new to XBMC too and like you, i get Movie posters on the left when i pause, but it's a blank space when pausing TV shows. Not quite sure where i'm going wrong. I get the same issue with other Mods of the skin..ReFocus Big for example.
I'm not sure but i think you need poster.jpg in your tvshow folder to see the cover.
Use artwork downloader addon to do it.
(2012-07-15, 09:53)butchabay Wrote: I'm not sure but i think you need poster.jpg in your tvshow folder to see the cover.
Use artwork downloader addon to do it.

It's weird, i did my movie folders manually and it reads the 'folder.jpg' fine for display during pause. But no matter how i do it, 'folder' or 'poster', it won't show for tv shows.

Either way, i haven't tested it fully but it looks like artwork downloader might have done the trick. It doesn't display the shows poster sadly, but it does show what i think is called Clearart. Sorry for the Noobness. Thank you Blush

How smooth and responsive is this on ATV2?
(2012-07-19, 04:06)crimsonfury Wrote: How smooth and responsive is this on ATV2?

It's super smooth Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Do you host this on a third party repo?
I have a really stupid question - how to properly install this?

I ran Build.bat.
It copies the files fine, but TexturePacker can't start because I'm missing some SDL.dll file.

The build folder is still there, but when I copy it into XBMC and select the skin, it doesn't really look like it's supposed to.
Or show any movies or TV shows. Or do anything at all.
Hi,

I'm using this mod as my default skin now for a while .. and, yes, it's a fine mod & skin .. high WAF, clean and smooth .. and live tv is even better supported than with original refocus skin ! Had to find out how to "use" the skin, now I'm happy ..

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
I managed to install it. Duh. Stupid me.

In case anyone else has the same problem - just go to add ons and select install from zip file.
Then select the zip file and there you go.
Does this mod have the alternative font style set that restores upper-case letters, by any chance? The all-lower-case thing drives me nuts. :p
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
Classy looking skin. Wish there was a dark theme though. Smile
CC from my post on Alaska dark (actually I can't choose between them)

Hello Sabish!

Just registered (and at first considered at spammer and denied registration :o) to thank you warmly for your work. I used to have Aeon MQ3, but I definitely dig your work, and I stay tuned for any improvements, should they be in line!

Thanks again
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] ReAlaska : ReFocus meets Alaska (0.9.6 git)7