Kid Friendly Flag
I had a thought that I think would be an interesting alternative than setting up different folders for kids v. adults so you can separate out media that is appropriate for children. How about a flag on media that can be toggled so people can choose, and that way a very simple smart list can be managed.

You could also automatically flag G rated material as kid friendly as part of the import/scraping step.

Just a thought.
You could always just setup two profiles and have two different media sources. Then have a password on one of the profiles.

Or you may just be able to create a smart playlist that flags rating as G
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I already set up different media sources, and in my case the kids have their own computer which they access from. However it is a bit of extra back end management that would be better suited from the UI.

Also I think going just by ratings is not a good solution. There are a number of movies that I feel my kids can watch, say Star Wars which is rated PG, that I want included. And with the hopes of adding another drive into the mix, means now double the folder structure.

I think there has been a bit of demand for some type of kid-friendly management that should warrant some attention.
What about giving kids stuff a "kids" genre and then using smart playlists to only show stuff with that genre.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kid Friendly Flag0