How can i use only local file scrap (read local nfo and folder info)?
Question 
I have a pretty fine local library (each movie separated in well renamed folder, each movie has movie.nfo, movie.xml, folder.jpg). I dont want to use any other internet based download.

I read if the xbmc found local data then it not will download from internet, but i realized it is not working this way. I tried to import my library during all night xbmc only imported 12 movies.

I guess if it was used only my local data that was not take so long time ( tried with default and imdb scraper, no any other addons added, this is a completly fresh xmbc install)

My question is, how can i set movie source scraper to use only my local data?
I suspect the information in your folders is not complete, (might be 3rd party software is incomplete, or dated) and XBMC exits to fill the blanks,

Not sure what version of XBMC and O/S you're using, (debug log can tell much) So it's speculation on my part and noting your inclusion of "movie.xml" which is not used by XBMC. Note: the contents of a single video folder. In XBMC with that folder in focus and your scrapers set, using the 'I' keyboard command enter the information window and refresh the information.... 'IF" all the information needed is found in the local folder... you will get a system requester that announces "local information is found ignore or refresh from the Internet" if you don't get this requester, and it automatically proceeds to get information from the internet then you're missing something in folders.

To find out what you're missing in your folders, go to settings>Videos>Library>export Library to separate files and the one folder you manually scraped should now contain the correct material. Scraping should be a quick affair, not overnight unless there are issues... putting the date after the name is helpful for the database to determine what the movie is.

Check out some of the Quick Start wiki's...

I have local files for all my 700+ movies and 104 TV shows.

If I have to rescan everything back into XBMC it still takes a good few hours.

I know this isn't solving your issue, I'm just informing you that even with local files it takes ages to populate the library with files.

You should enable debug logging and then start a scan, if you check the log you will see where XBMC is pulling the information from.

Upload the log to http://xbmclogs.com/ if you're not sure.

The log file can be found in %appdata%/xbmc folder (I'm sure that's the correct location)
I just re-populated locally 2TB on an old slow XP system, it took less than an hour...
I'm doing it over a network which is probably why it's slower, still don't think it should take as long as it does though.
(2012-07-17, 23:28)PatK Wrote: I just re-populated locally 2TB on an old slow XP system, it took less than an hour...
Me as well - just tried it in portable mode. I got movies/tv shows of about 2TB - and it takes around 30-45 minutes to scan everything into the library...

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can i use only local file scrap (read local nfo and folder info)?0