• 1(current)
WIP RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser
Brick 
skeletonKey

http://romjacket.github.io/skeletonkey/index.html
holy crap I can't wait to try this out
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
This looks very interesting!
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
very cool...
This is pretty cool.
Nice idea. I tried this together with Rom Collection Browser but I had some issues with it:

General usage:

- All in all I think it was very confusing with all its single dialogs and message boxes. But I guess it is not possible to create one UI for all the scripts?

- In the setup wizard I tried to change the paths for Roms and Emulators but this did not work (still using the default ones). I changed the paths in the wizard but I canceled configuration of daemon tools and Xpadder. Maybe this is the problem?

- Lots of dialogs of the wizard (even the dialogs that should wait for a decision) just vanish after 1-2 seconds. That is too fast to read the text or to make a decision.

RCB specific:

- When you create config.xml you rename an existing file to config.xml.orig. This is good. But you should also rename an existing MyGames.db to something else. Otherwise the user may end with a config file and a db that do not fit together.

- You use your own names for systems and these names are used as Rom Collection names. This is a problem as RCB relies on Rom Collection name to find the correct system for all scrapers. E.g. if the Rom Collection is called "NES", RCB knows that it must add a "p=22" when it searches for NES games on mobygames. With your tool the Rom Collection is named "Nintendo Entertainment System" and RCB just adds a "p=" and the result of the scrape process will not be accurate. One of the tools (RCB or Rom-Jacket) should add a mapping for the system names.

- You create wrong mediaPath entries in config.xml. Initially it looks like this:
Code:
<mediaPath type="boxfront">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="boxback">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System.artwork\boxback\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="cartridge">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\.artwork\cartridge\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="screenshot">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\.artwork\screenshot\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="fanart">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
I changed it manually to look like this:
Code:
<mediaPath type="boxfront">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\artwork\boxfront\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="boxback">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\artwork\boxback\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="cartridge">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\artwork\cartridge\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="screenshot">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\artwork\screenshot\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
<mediaPath type="fanart">E:\Games\Console\Nintendo Entertainment System\artwork\fanart\%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
But in this case Rom-Jacket needs to create a sub folder "artwork" on its own.

- I told the tool to download and configure mednafen. It creates a new folder and a file "BatchScriptLauncher". The .bat files inside the game folders point to "C:\Emulators\Mednafen". But mednafen was not downloaded. At least it is not avialable at this path.

Some of these issues may just be usage errors. If there is a log file that I could upload for you just tell me.

I like the idea of the tool and I hope you keep up the work on it.

Regards,
malte
Thank you so much for your comments and critique, malte!

To answer your questions and concerns:

Rom-Jacket is usually updated several times daily. I'm guessing that you are using an older iteration of RJ. Cusom paths for your games and emulators should be working now and Daemontools/Xpadder are not necessary to install or configure.
The link to Mednafen has been updated.
Logs are located in the logs directory of the application.

tip:
Re-initializing rom jacket after configuration will cause rom-jacket to download everything from my mirrors.

so....changes I will begin making today:

RCB users seem to be the majority of people interested in Rom-Jacket and so I'll work on adapting my name-maping to RCB's.
MyGames.db will be backed up during configuration.
Improper mediapaths will be updated.
Re-evaluating message-box auto-selections and lengths.

I am NOT a programmer. The source is open (it's all batch) and if you want to create an interface or fix/add anything, really, I'd be happy to include it.
(2012-06-15, 22:20)sudopinion Wrote:
:NOTE:

This program is not even a program but a piece of scrippery taking your computer from behind and having its way with it. It is made of glue and macaroini and was written with crayons.
I take no responsibility for any damage Rom-Jacket may cause upon execution.
:NOTE:

What ?!?

Rofl

(2012-06-15, 22:20)sudopinion Wrote: RoM-Jacket will introduce itself and make obscene gestures. RoM-Jacket knows what to do with your bios. Just relax and let RoM-Jacket handle your joystick.

hahaha that cracks me up, I am at work and I can't stop laughing at this description Big Grin
bumping for update
Wow - eager to test this out once I'm home. Pinning this, looks very, very promising. Thanks.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

This may very well be worth a try, thanks.
Has anybody tried this? The demo video looks pretty amazing!
i'm sure that many ppl have and found it to be broken (because until now I hadn't released a stable beta). I will leave the working version up and allow ppl to test my current revisions.
@sudopinion, how well would this work with Resurrection Xtras from way back when? http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=660135

Everything was organized a bit differently, but there was some logic to it. Do you think it would handle it?
(2012-08-22, 22:31)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: @sudopinion, how well would this work with Resurrection Xtras from way back when? http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=660135

Everything was organized a bit differently, but there was some logic to it. Do you think it would handle it?

Wow. I'm not even sure what this is or where to download it. Looks interesting though. 221pgs in that thread ending in butthurt.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser2