• 3(current)
WIP RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser
RoM-Jacket looks brilliant, sudopinion.

I look forward to trying it out soon and hope you'll keep us apprised of its development.
(2012-12-04, 07:59)_matt_ Wrote: RoM-Jacket looks brilliant, .sudopinion.

I look forward to trying it out soon and hope you'll keep us apprised of its development.

Thanks _matt_.
I add, fix and break many features daily, but I'm close to releasing 1.0 which will have the majority of issues ironed out. Stay tuned to the first post in this thread for updates and changes, and feel free to bug me with any problems you have.
Thanks!
Bumping for Update
Bumping for update. Now supports Amiga ADF & IPF.
Hello there.

I have found your project while looking over Internet for the best Roms collection manager (rename/metadata/backend/frontend) and your project seems to be perfect for my needs !

My issue is I can't pass the initial wizard step :/

1/ i install rom-jacket in the default directory (C:\RJ)
2/ Wizard automatically launchs
3/ I change the defaults folders for emulators/roms
4/ I select my Xpadder folder
5/ DirectX screen launchs himself (i have nothing to configure I think...)
6/ I click on "close" on this directX settings screen

... then nothing happens and I don't have your 3 shortcut on my desktop (like specify here http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/413403/help.html)

Unfortunately, I can't launch again the "Initialize-Rom-Jacket" created in the main folder.

I've tried several times, always same issue.
May be I do something wrong ?

Thanks for your help, your sotware seems incredible, I hope I can be able to use it.

EDIT : OK, keeping the default directories for emulator/games seems to fix my problem. i have now the 3 shortcuts on my desktop.
(2013-05-12, 16:49)polux400 Wrote: Hello there.
EDIT : OK, keeping the default directories for emulator/games seems to fix my problem. i have now the 3 shortcuts on my desktop.
I update this program frequently. You can use the update button to retrieve the latest development files or use the google code page to get the latest release.
I have update. don't know if my version was old.
I had already downloaded your project here :
https://code.google.com/p/rom-jacket/downloads/list (for W8)
i'm on W8 64 bits.

Anyway, I've download all emulators, setup RomCollectionbrowser addon in XBMC frontend and create my "Nintendo64" category.

Well, the "SORT" function is working well, grab all my N64 roms and paste them in "Games" folder, after a scrap from RCB, I can see them and their fanart freshly downloaded BUT...

i can't launch any games because the emulator you are using since "broken" for me (project64k). The emulator is launched then is freezing with the message "Failed to open file".
i tried to use the emulator in stand alone, and none of my roms is working with. (They are working with another emulator project64 1.6).
Can you add an uptodate version of project64 (http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/binaries/) ?

Another issue, with my "SNES" category, ZnesW is launched but stay to the main screen with "GAME" menu opens. The rom doesn't launched automatically.

I use "default" settings in Rom-jacket when I had to configure emulator for each category, if this can help.

Thanks

EDIT : Sega GENESIS category is working perfectly for me with all defaults settings
(2013-05-13, 01:00)polux400 Wrote: Can you add an uptodate version of project64 (http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/binaries/) ?

Another issue, with my "SNES" category, ZnesW is launched but stay to the main screen with "GAME" menu opens. The rom doesn't launched automatically.
I use "default" settings in Rom-jacket when I had to configure emulator for each category, if this can help.

For N64: I will be updating to the newest PJ64 today.

For super nes: Are you using the "global" option by chance?
If you are, use this zsnesw.cfg
http://pastebin.com/e5vpbRdh

You might also try using SNESGT (available from the install menu).

I'm happy to see that the "SORT" function is working for you.
Hello.

Thanks for your support.

SNESGT is working fine with my ROMS, perfect !

For znesw, yes I used "global" setting, i tried your znesw.cfg, I"m not bocked on "GAME" menu, but i have a blackfullscreen and no rom Smile

For N64, I will wait for your update !

Thanks
Hey great program. I'm just starting to play with it, but I don't like that it uses Daemon tools, which I consider to be one of the worst mounting tools out there. It makes too many changes to the system that are far too hard to fix. I use wincdemu. Is it possible you could add a setup for that? If not that then maybe virtual clonedrive?

Thanks.
(2013-05-21, 04:21)corpgator Wrote: Hey great program. I'm just starting to play with it, but I don't like that it uses Daemon tools, which I consider to be one of the worst mounting tools out there. It makes too many changes to the system that are far too hard to fix. I use wincdemu. Is it possible you could add a setup for that? If not that then maybe virtual clonedrive?

Thanks.

Thanks! Please understand that RJ is still in development, so use the update option and leave feedback in this thread regarding any bugs.

Daemon Tools is only used for FM Towns and Sega Saturn. I would really like to use wincdemu portable. Unfortunately it seems that the cli support is shoddy at best.

You're not alone in your feelings about Daemon Tools. Many people don't like it. I am unhappy with it as well, but it offers some unique abilities and it's cli is robust.

It appears that virtual clone drive has the necessary functionality, but I am uncertain that it is better than daemon tools. Can you explain what vcd does or doesn't do that would compel me to rewrite the scripts?
VCD doesn't install SPTD, which is a cancer on systems. I thought you were using DT to mount for other emulators as well, but I don't use those 2, so it's not really an issue for me.

SPTD limits speeds on virtual drives to virtual drive speeds, and can affect the performance of physical drives as well, which is just silly. That's why imgburn always prompts you to remove it whenever it runs. Check this post out.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=11238
Just happened upon this and it sounds amazing! However, I am having some problems. When trying to download anything, be it the emulators or Daemon Tools it just hangs up. The cmd prompt pops up and the download progress stalls at zero indefinitely like it can't access the download server. I tried accessing the files via my web browser and it times out. Host down possibly? Or is it on my end? Anyways, great work anyhow. Thanks for your time and effort.
(2013-06-19, 18:16)penekr Wrote: Just happened upon this and it sounds amazing! However, I am having some problems. When trying to download anything, be it the emulators or Daemon Tools it just hangs up. The cmd prompt pops up and the download progress stalls at zero indefinitely like it can't access the download server. I tried accessing the files via my web browser and it times out. Host down possibly? Or is it on my end? Anyways, great work anyhow. Thanks for your time and effort.

RoM-Jacket uses a program called aria to download files (in a manner similar to a torrent) from several webservers. This helps lighten the load, speed up the transfer and maximize bandwidth.
Unfortunately, they are free (unreliable) webservers and because they get almost no traffic, are constantly being turned off.
Bumping for update. Now transforms roms into executables. Most systems supported.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RoM-Jacket for Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser2