• 3(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!
Hmm. One episode played when I checked a couple of days ago but none play today. Soz about that.

@dawson123: Not a clue. Only found out that YouTube was playing some 4oD stuff by accident.
Update: 4od updated their SWF player, and playback works again! I don't know for sure that these two events are related. Also it appears that the playback does not depend on being logged in.

As of today any episode over 30 days old on the 4od site will only play if you are logged in. This means that the plugin will not work for any episode until the plugin is fixed to handle 4od logins.

BTW to play 4od episodes in version 3.2 of the Youtube plugin you need to make the changes in both of these issues:

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...tail?id=46
http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...tail?id=47

Note that for me 4od episodes over 30 days old seem to have stopped working in Youtube for me today, even though they work in a browser.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Updated with workaround for HDS problem. See first post.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Anyone know why I can't log onto the Youtube plugin?

Tried the stock XMBC version, and have just installed the one from Post #1 - I've checked the password by logging in/out youtube directly.

Popup message is:
"Login Failed
False"

In the logs, I have:
Xfile::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/login&actiobn=settings&CGUIMediaWindow:GetDriectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/login&actiobn=settings&) failed

Sorry, total newbie here, no idea why its not working Confused

Also, the new 4oD plugin won't load:
"Error getting category web page - see log for details".

Logs say "urlopen error Errno 10061 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Usually it's better to first turn on debugging and then include the full log when reporting a problem, as described in the first post. There maybe information in the full debug log that will be helpful to a developer, that you would not recognise as being useful.

Are you running behind a proxy, or are using proxy settings?
Sorry!

I don't even know enough about this malarkey yet to know how to make a full debug log. I will try to read up on it now.

No, not behind a proxy - wired directly into a very standard UK ISP router.
There's a link in the first post about how to do a debug log.

The problems you've reported could be caused by some kind of connection problem. Are you able to get any other XBMC plugins working?
(2012-11-04, 23:55)Mossy Wrote: There's a link in the first post about how to do a debug log.

The problems you've reported could be caused by some kind of connection problem. Are you able to get any other XBMC plugins working?

There certainly is, I missed it - sorry. Log: http://pastebin.com/q9VupuEq

Yes, iPlayer and ITV Player plugins work fine. I can also log into Youtube and 4oD on the same PC (I'm actually at work, using LogMeIn on my Revo HTPC running Win7 - only installed XBMC a few days ago, so trying to get to grips with it)

Thanks for your help.
You're getting the same url error in both plugins - [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

This could have something to do with LogMein or firewalls or proxies on your work network, or some combination of the above. Although if that's the case then I do not understand how you can connect to 4od and Youtube through a browser from the same machine.

Have you changed any of the XBMC network settings? If not, perhaps you need to, in order get past a firewall? Your browser could be estup for that already, or it might pick up the settings from the network.
Told I was a newbie!!

I "fiddled" with some network settings last night to get the android remote to work - turns out I enabled Proxy Internet Access. Strangely didn't affect iPlayer or ITVPlayer at all.

But 4oD now works.

Youtube also works after changing the username to one of the old ones associated with the account. I had tried all 3 logins that work for youtube before now though. PITA!!

Really grateful for the help mate, thanks very much.

Oh, and look, the weather icon at the top has connected - I was wondering why that wasn't working - same issue, clearly!
hi thanks for the update mossy but wonder if you can take a look at my log to see why some programs such as hollyoaks isnt working and giving script errors thanks again http://pastebin.com/vmJwHamr
@dawson123 - as with most newer content from 4OD, this is an Adobe HDS stream that the current 4OD plugin doesn't support.
@dlake02 thanks for reply its funny how some new shows use this adobe hts stream and other new shows dont ? Is this the same for demand 5 plugin aswell ?
No - the Demand5 site is using Adobe Flash Access which only works with a real Flash player, not librtmp.

Demand5 also make their videos available via YouTube, but that uses Type 10 rtmpe handshakes which are not supported by librtmp.

Many broadcasters are moving to some form of HTTP dynamic streaming such as HDS. It allows the client to adapt the bit-rate to suit underlying network conditions - Auntie used if for their (excellent) 24 channels of Olympics streaming and I wrote a quick-and-dirty XBMC app to watch those. Unfortunately, that never worked particularly well on Windows due to the way that XBMC (doesn't) handle named-pipes.
Does it look like it will be possible to add this functionality in the future? Once pvr is properly working full support for uk streaming tv services would finally make this into the one solution for tv and film that we've been longing for...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!5