• 30(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!
This is my first post on this subject, so please allow if it is a totally stupid idea.

As I understand, it would seem that 4OD has managed to securely DRM their online content and I can understand their business reasons and even sympathise
with their business logic. At the present time this DRM has not been resolved and there is, and is not likely to be for some time a working 4OD plugin, and many thanks for the efforts in the past on this plugin.

From my (solely user) viewpoint, what I want to do is, from XBMC, click onto a 4OD menu, select from a category, and watch the content, in my case via HTPC to my television. I am not concerned with the method used, just the end result.

I can do this by switching from XBMC into my browser (as long as HAL is installed) and after clicking through and going to full-screen watch the content - admittedly with adverts - but that is a small price to pay.

The point of this forum entry is to ask whether anybody has thought about changing the concept for 4OD and automating the process using a browser screen, unttil a neater solution is found.

I hope this makes sense!
Does XBMC on the RPi have a browser and will this work on that platform? The browser would need to be easy to navigate with a remote, not mouse/keyboard, for it to be a practical alternative as well, so that would probably require a specially developed/customised browser.
(2013-10-20, 13:47)doveman2 Wrote: Does XBMC on the RPi have a browser and will this work on that platform? The browser would need to be easy to navigate with a remote, not mouse/keyboard, for it to be a practical alternative as well, so that would probably require a specially developed/customised browser.

No. This wouldn't work on the Pi, or Android or ATV2 or OpenELEC etc, so it really is a hack rather than a solution.
It is a similar solution to the Netflix hack which has similar limitations: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87552.
(2013-10-20, 17:43)popcornmix Wrote: No. This wouldn't work on the Pi, or Android or ATV2 or OpenELEC etc, so it really is a hack rather than a solution.
It is a similar solution to the Netflix hack which has similar limitations: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87552.

OK, thanks.
I am confused so 4oD is down because of DRM so why is it in the files ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Working again !!!?!>!>??!
Can confirm. Back to working, XBMC Gotham here.
Latest openelec beta here.

Just found http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php/sen...tid=191599

for anyone else subscribed to this thead.
Was working now showing cannot show categories anyone confirm?
june (mid) 2014 - 4od not working (cannot show categories) error message. Openelec 4.0.4, Xbmc 13 gotham. Apple Tv 1st Generation
Mossy confirmed its broken again.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=191599
Getting the script failed message now, is anyone else getting it or does anyone know the fix?
coming up with 'Cannot show categories'

i use a smartdns to access catchuptv (I am based in Sweden) , I am wondering if this is the problem & I need a VPN instead
(2014-06-08, 23:33)jamos316 Wrote: coming up with 'Cannot show categories'

i use a smartdns to access catchuptv (I am based in Sweden) , I am wondering if this is the problem & I need a VPN instead

im getting the same issue
The addon used the videos hosted on the 4oD mobile site. Channel 4 have shut that site, so the addon is broken and there is no fix in the works.

The title of this thread clearly states !NOT WORKING!. The title of the thread for the most recent release clearly states [!!!BROKEN!!!]. A post a few days old links to Mossy saying that the addon is broken. There is little point posting to report that the addon is broken. The odds are high that the very next post to this thread will be someone reporting that the addon is broken.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!5