• 4(current)
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!
(2012-11-06, 15:26)dlake02 Wrote: @dawson123 - as with most newer content from 4OD, this is an Adobe HDS stream that the current 4OD plugin doesn't support.

Not quiet true anymore! - that's what the latest release is about. If the plugin can't get find the video information it's looking for from 4oD it streams the episode from Youtube instead.

(2012-11-06, 14:42)dawson123 Wrote: hi thanks for the update mossy but wonder if you can take a look at my log to see why some programs such as hollyoaks isnt working and giving script errors thanks again http://pastebin.com/vmJwHamr

The season and episode numbers are stored differently on 4oD for Hollyoaks (it goes more by date than season/episode), so when the plugin craps out with log message "Cannot determine season and episode numbers" when it goes to find the episode on Youtube. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix, I can post modification you can make to plugin to get it to work and the fix will be in the next release.

Note that sometimes the plugin will list a new episode a day or two before it's available on Youtube, in which case you'll see a msg saying something ike "No MP4 found, also not on Youtube".

Also US 4oD shows are not on Youtube. Otherwise all recent episodes should play.

Can you let me know if there are programmes other than Hollyoaks that don't work?
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Hi, Come dine with me is showing script error when attempting to play an episode. When i've then tried various random older and newer epidodes of the show one after the other I also get script errors then as if delayed the first selected episode plays, if I stop the episode from playing the next episode I selected previously, starts to play and so on until finally I have stopped all the episodes i'd selected from playing. Most other shows I've tried seem to work fine, when they previously showed "No Mp4" error. I'm not at linux box at the moment to get a log but will do later. Thanks for all your efforts.
Thanks for the bug report. Can you remember the Golden Rule of Debug Logs?
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Channel 4 News appearing in the list, but not on YouTube :-(

Unfortunately, that and TimeTeam are really the only programmes worth watching on C4 these days IMvHO...

Any chance of getting a "Not found on YouTube" or similar rather than a "script fail ?"

Thanks !

http://pastebin.com/bPX3jv76
Some documentaries didnt play plus latest episode of shameless wouldnt play either thanks for all your hard work Smile
(2012-11-07, 08:27)hasselhof Wrote: Hi, Come dine with me is showing script error when attempting to play an episode. When i've then tried various random older and newer epidodes of the show one after the other I also get script errors then as if delayed the first selected episode plays, if I stop the episode from playing the next episode I selected previously, starts to play and so on until finally I have stopped all the episodes i'd selected from playing. Most other shows I've tried seem to work fine, when they previously showed "No Mp4" error. I'm not at linux box at the moment to get a log but will do later. Thanks for all your efforts.

Ignore above I got confused. Sorry for your wasted time.

I've done some testing on 4oD v1.8.0 on XBMCbuntu Eden v11

I've tried to play "Come dine with me" episodes from 5th Nov 2012 - Swindon & 6th Nov 2012 - Swindon,
There is a brief message saying that it's searching youtube for the episodes but get script errors on both.

When I play the same two episodes via the youtube addon v3.2.1 they play perfectly.

Here is my debug log

Thanks for your trouble Smile

(2012-11-07, 18:12)dlake02 Wrote: Any chance of getting a "Not found on YouTube" or similar rather than a "script fail ?"

That's what you're supposed to get, the fact you see a script fail, instead of a dialog is in itself a bug.

Quote:I've tried to play "Come dine with me" episodes from 5th Nov 2012 - Swindon & 6th Nov 2012 - Swindon,
There is a brief message saying that it's searching youtube for the episodes but get script errors on both.

When I play the same two episodes via the youtube addon v3.2.1 they play perfectly.

There are about 150 programmes that wouldn't play via Youtube because either the programme is not on Youtube or because the Youtube show page url uses a different name than the main 4oD site, e.g. youtube.com/show/comedinewithmeextra instead of youtube.com/show/comedinewithme. I can fix the latter by changing the links on the fly, that will come in a future release..

Update: However many of those programmes do not have recent episodes and are not affected (only recent episodes are streamed from Youtube). The only show that I know for certain is affected is "Come Dine With Me".
Thank you.
New release see the first post

Change log:
Version 1.8.1 (08 Nov 2012)
- Fix for Hollyoaks playing silly buggers with episode numbers

- Fix for Youtube "show" pages having a different name for shows compared to 4oD. "Come Dine With Me" was affected.

- Fix script error instead of "Unable to find MP4 and unable to steam from Youtube" dialog, when Youtube video is not available.
(2012-11-07, 18:49)dawson123 Wrote: Some documentaries didnt play plus latest episode of shameless wouldnt play either thanks for all your hard work Smile

Check the "Not on Youtube" list in the first post for those documentaries, remember if they're recent and they're not on Youtube they won't play.

Shameless works for me. If you're still getting the problem post a debug log. Also bear in mind that the episodes listed in the plugin come from the 4oD site, which may get new episodes a while before the Youtube channel does.
Hi Mossy,

Thanks for the update, all is working brilliantly.
Come dine with me works a treat thanks Smile

Also downloading from 4oD & Youtube, via the 4oD addon works a treat, nice one.
Also while I was at it I checked out Shameless & that played fine as well as someone mentioned it wasn't working.
If I come across a video that won't play I'm presented with an informative message which is a nice touch.

Don't know if you can do it or want to do it but, a watched status facility would be a benefit for this plugin, for me at least.

Thanks for all your hard work.
kirsties vintage homes play for anyone?
They haven't put on their their Youtube channel yet, so you can't watch it yet.

It looks like a delay of a day or two between new episodes going up on 4oD and Youtube is normal.
Kevin's man made home wouldn't play for me, couldn't find on YouTube, but they are there as I played then through the YouTube plugin direct. Let me know if you need any more info.
A debug log is always useful.
Sorry for the delay!

http://pastebin.com/T88eAc9D

should contain what you need. It may be a silly mistake my side, but it would be good to know how you get on.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!5