[RELEASE] Commands - Map multiple xbmc commands to one remote button
Hi,
i have less and less space left on my remote and could not always remember which key a command/script is mapped to.
With Commands you can map multiple xbmc commands to one remote button. Add popular commands from a list, any command from your favorites or enter a custom one.
A list of all available commands: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions

To use it you have to map the following command to a remote key:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.commands)

If you want to map further keys with Commands, use this:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.commands/?key=ANYNAME)
ANYNAME - Choose whatever you want (Just for identification)

You can install the add-on from the xbmc.org eden repo (Program add-ons).
Please post further useful commands, so i can add them to the "command list".

Seriously? No response?
Quite a cool addon...as I already said Big Grin

BTW: First Wink
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-06-16, 23:25)mad-max Wrote: Quite a cool addon...as I already said Big Grin
Thanks for your nice feedback Smile

Version 1.0.1:
- Added parameter for mapping multiple buttons

If you want to map further buttons with Commands, use this:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.commands/?key=ANYNAME)
ANYNAME - Choose whatever you want (Just for identification)
Nice, thanks. I prefer using my smaller remote, so this will be very useful.
Any chance the addon directly execute a function in accordance with the call, eg:

RunPlugin(plugin://script.commands/Cycle Languages)

and automatically switch the audio language.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2012-06-22, 21:55)MarcosQui Wrote: Any chance the addon directly execute a function in accordance with the call, eg:

RunPlugin(plugin://script.commands/Cycle Languages)

and automatically switch the audio language.
Hi,
the addon just runs this command for switching the audio language:
Code:
Action(audionextlanguage)
You can directly map any command to a key, no need to use "Commands" for that.
The idea of this addon is, that you map multiple commands to one key.

Or do you want to do this via the addon because you dont have to know the function behind the title?

cheers,
asde
I want to have access to a function that XBMC does not allow direct way.

If I create a button on the skin to change the language nothing happens, there is no direct command for this, or am I wrong?

I do not want to edit the keymap, I just want to make a button that gives me access to turn on and off subtitles, change audio tracks and stuff, like simulating the grip of keys.

I thought this your script was the solution for this, sorry.

I tried to access these functions using the script and the list of commands but neither worked.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Hi,

This addon is pretty cool, thanks.

I am not really running out of buttons on my remote, but if I map random actions to random buttons, another person (ie. wife :-) has no idea what the buttons do due to nonexistent or false labels on the remote. And sometimes I forget what I mapped, too.

With this addon, I can use one of the menu variant buttons for all those random actions.

One question though, how would one add a "toggle subtitles on and off" command?

Thanks
(2012-06-23, 13:28)MarcosQui Wrote: I want to have access to a function that XBMC does not allow direct way.

If I create a button on the skin to change the language nothing happens, there is no direct command for this, or am I wrong?

I do not want to edit the keymap, I just want to make a button that gives me access to turn on and off subtitles, change audio tracks and stuff, like simulating the grip of keys.

I thought this your script was the solution for this, sorry.

I tried to access these functions using the script and the list of commands but neither worked.
Your 1000th post, congrats Wink
Code:
Action(audionextlanguage)
is the direct xbmc command for this. All commands in my addon are normal xbmc commands.
Because of that I was not shure why you wanna do it via my addon, because you can directly access all of the commands used by my addon.
A list of all xbmc commands. The action ids for the Action() function are listed here.

(2012-06-23, 23:06)aptalca Wrote: Hi,

This addon is pretty cool, thanks.

I am not really running out of buttons on my remote, but if I map random actions to random buttons, another person (ie. wife :-) has no idea what the buttons do due to nonexistent or false labels on the remote. And sometimes I forget what I mapped, too.

With this addon, I can use one of the menu variant buttons for all those random actions.

One question though, how would one add a "toggle subtitles on and off" command?

Thanks
Ah, I missed this one in the list, only added "Cycle subtitles".

The command for "toggle subtitles" is:
Code:
Action(showsubtitles)
You can add it via: "Add command" -> "Enter command", but I will also add it to the list in the next version.
Nice Addon and cool idea..

Found one bug though in the commands list, change "Music Partymode###Partymode(music)" to "Music Partymode###PlayerControl(Partymode(music))"

Cheers.
(2012-06-24, 07:47)Steveb Wrote: Nice Addon and cool idea..

Found one bug though in the commands list, change "Music Partymode###Partymode(music)" to "Music Partymode###PlayerControl(Partymode(music))"

Cheers.
Thanks, will be fixed in the next version.
Version 1.0.2:
- Added some commands to the list
- Added support for command combinations
Thanks for the Add-On. I can't seem to open the list. Whenever I choose it, noting happens. I can enter them manually and they seem to work. Is there any info I can provide that would be helpful?
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
Thx for this useful add on, although since today I can t access to list of command to!
I m on eden rc2 maybe that s why....
Any ideas?
Thx
Cheers
Sorry for my late reply...

(2012-08-19, 12:31)digitalb0y Wrote: Thanks for the Add-On. I can't seem to open the list. Whenever I choose it, noting happens. I can enter them manually and they seem to work. Is there any info I can provide that would be helpful?
Mhh, strange! A log file would be helpful.
I have an idea but I have to test this on another system next week...

(2012-08-24, 14:36)bakito Wrote: Thx for this useful add on, although since today I can t access to list of command to!
I m on eden rc2 maybe that s why....
Any ideas?
Thx
Cheers
It was working and then suddenly stopped? Did you tried to reinstall it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Commands - Map multiple xbmc commands to one remote button1