Centralized Multi Monitor Control
I am a new XBMC user, and I have been searching the forum but only get bits of what I want.

The idea is to have a centralized control panel for a server (actual server, beefy pc, w/e) that drives multiple monitors. So a server with 4 monitors would have 3 output monitors and a monitor would be used for the control panel. Of course, with some tweaks to the current remote app, all 4 could be used as output.

I'm trying to minimize hardware and it doesn't seem like this should be a big stretch.
1) You could have your server running XBMC and clone the display 4X's; or display flip between monitors (given the correct graphic card).and control via wireless.

2) 3 independent XBMC systems on small boxes using your server for content with independent control, and 1 local XBMC on your server, synced with bat files, android controller.

At this time, XBMC doesn't allow for multiple versions of itself multi-tasking withing the same system and is a single front end. Check the hardware threads for what others have done in this area. http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Centralized Multi Monitor Control0