Browsing the file system does not work
Hi.

Most things seem to work fine in my XMBC Remote except browsing the file system for music to play.
On the XMBC Remote, I can only see the first level of my Music Archive, containing a list of catalogues "__A__", "_B__", ...
When I tap on a catalogue, the screen will not display its content, it only displays the catalogue name.
If I long press a catalogue and selects "Play", the system responds "Error: Invalid Location".
On the XMBC Server, the access to the file system works perfectly.
In file mode, I have performed "scan items to library" and in library mode I have "update library".
Port forwarding of TCP and UDP ports have no effect, netither does disabling the Windows firewall.

What can be my problem ?

My Setup:
HTC Desire S[XMBC Remote] --wifi--> Net Gear Router --cable--> HP Pavilion[XMBC Server]
I--cable--> Net Gear NAS [Music Archive]

My SW:
Android 2.3.5
XMBC Remote v0.8.8-beta1
Windows 7 32bit
XMBC Server 11.0

Music Archive:
List of catalogues A to Z, List of Artist catalogues, List of Album catalogues, List of Music files
OK, just solved the problem.

I had added the Source by typing in the path manually, e.g. "\\NAS-Name\ShareName/Catalogue/"
Removing this Source and instead adding the Source using "Browse" and selecting the IP-address of the NAS and then clicking down to the correct catalogue did the trick.

Now I seem to be fully up and running.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browsing the file system does not work0