XBMC not finding source files
Hi all,

I recently jail broke my ATV2 (via season pass, didn't do an untethered boot), and I downloaded atv flash on it and got xbmc on there.

The only problem is that in xbmc, it's not finding my video source files, for example when I try to go to the directory, it doesn't show it.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
It won't show the files when you are in the "add videos" window, it will only show the folders that contain them. Once you've selected the folders you want to add, then it will show the files.
thanks ned for your reply. The issue is that I can't add the source folder where all my movie files are kept (on an external). It doesn't show up.

Would you have any idea what the issue may be and how to fix?

Thanks.
How are you sharing the files? SMB, AFP, NFS?
Sorry I don't know what any of those things are? I assumed that it would be able to access to harddrive through the wifi connection?

What should I do?

Thank you so much for the help, really appreciate it.
SMB, AFP, and NFS are network protocols used for sharing files over a network. Does your hard drive have a wifi, or ethernet connection? If so, it should have some sort of configuration that you'd need to do. Most external HDs are USB, or Firewire. Networked external devices are typically referred to as NAS devices (network attached storage).
See Adding videos to the library/Adding media sources (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not finding source files0