Mac mini server/win7 mediaplayer???
Hey, hope there is a friendly expert who will help me a little on the way .... -)
I have an idea to buy me a Mac mini server. It must be used as a server for the house IOS devices, Macs and PCs.
It must also be used as a media player with XBMC installed in Windows 7, since it is only possible to play DTS-HD in Windows (in XBMC) and it is a must that it can play HD audio from external Bluray rips.
I'll connect some external hdd with all my media, photos, home movies, bluray rips and so on to the Mac mini.
But this is where I need some advice for:
Can I play my media (when they "lie on my Mac mini server")from the same mac mini in XBMC in Windows7 through vm ware fusion??
Know it would've been easier just to install XBMC in OSX, but OSX does not provide HD audio when watching movies, as far as I know Undecided /
Hope for some good advicesBlush
Kindly
Jan
Kindly
Jan
that won't work - how about installing windows on the mini through bootcamp?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-06-17, 21:47)Memphiz Wrote: that won't work - how about installing windows on the mini through bootcamp?
Hi, yes, why not.... Will it work then you Think Huh
Thx for your replyBlush
Kindly
Jan
Kindly
Jan
Yes i think. If the hardware is able to do it (guess i've already read success reports in that direction). But don't nail me on this info.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thx,I'm not gonna "nail" youSmile) -I'm just glad you took your time to help me:-)
Well, then I'll just have to wait for an update to the Mac mini hardware, and give it a shot by then;-)
Kindly
Jan
Kindly
Jan
I have a similar setup to you except that i'm using OSX.

The good news is that the machine works well as a server and htpc. I don't notice any performance issues if I am playing a bluray in XBMC whilst serving an eyetv stream to the ipad or serving another movie stream to the ipad via xbmc or airvideo.

I was aware when I purchased the mini that HD sound may not be available or may be considerably delayed on OSX. This forum http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=mac+mini was where I read most and there are a few people there who are running xbmc via bootcamp as Memphiz mentioned to achieve HD sound.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi activate, thx for your reply:-)
I'm glad to hear its working for you, then there's hope for me as well;-)
I'll read the thread you're linking to, and see if I can get any useful(for me) info out if it.
Perhaps I may be back to you later on ,when the mini has updated, and get some help if needed??
Thx
Kindly
Jan
Kindly
Jan
hi, what is the best way for me to share my video/photo/movie-files with xbmc, considering my first post in this thread, should I use the UPnP server? I think it's the only option for me, right?
Kindly
Jan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac mini server/win7 mediaplayer???0