Win Language and Subtitle Default isn't working
I switched to using nightlys a while back to get 10bit playback and through the couple of those I used and into the Frodo Alpha 2 snapshot I'm currently using the default track selection doesn't work. I have mkvs with multiple audio/subtitle tracks and I'll set it to use the second audio/subtitle track then select use this as default for all movies. The next video I play will have the first tracks selected. This feature worked great in the 11.0 release and I'd like to know has anyone else experienced this problem?

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build #7601) CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K,  3.39 GHz, 0 KB Video: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (1680x1050x32bpp 60Hz) Sound: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti Memory: Used: 3140/16283MB

I can make a debug log if someone would like, though it'd be interesting to see if it shows anything since it's not like it's crashing.
Go into the settings. There is a setting for specifying the prefered track based on your localisation somewhere.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The implementation has changed to add the possibility of specifying a default audio/subtitle language in settings -> appearance -> international but any movie-specific settings should still take precedence. Not sure if the "use as default for all movies" action is broken, I've never used it because the tracks are not always in the same order for my movies.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks I'll try that setting and see what affect it has. If something is actually broken I'll deal with it since these are unstable releases I'm using and having 10bit playback is worth that.
Sorry to double post but I just updated to Frodo alpha 3 and the setting Montellese suggested doesn't work for me any more. I can only choose English, Original stream's language, and User interface language. I was able to select other languages like japanese in the preview frodo alpha 2.

Also the set default for all movies still doesn't work for track selection. This is getting quite annoying as I watch anime and hardly ever use the default tracks.
I can confirm that this isnt working with the Froco RC3. I have my subtitles in *.idx and *.sub folders and i cant get XBMC to select my native language as standard. This means i have to change subtitles every time i watch a video. In my case, its the conplete 10 seasons of friends. I tried changing the subtitles options in system. I tried choosing my language: Danish and "user interface language". No effect. The "make default language/audio" button in the OSD dosent work either.. Is there a fix to this in the final release?

Thanks in advance!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Language and Subtitle Default isn't working0