Linux scraping problems
I got my XBMCBuntu installed and I am loving it!
My problem now is I have all my movies on an external usb hard drive. The way the movies are saved is movies>Name of movie folder> movie (except for some without a folder) I plugged it in and all the movies were loaded as tv shows. I manually "changed content" of half of my movies to movies and the cover was found. Then I got a great idea. Click on the movies folder and set the whole folder as movies. Now the ones I manually titled are gone from the movie menu. I have to go into file>external usb> Movies> then all the movie folders are still there with the cover I scraped individually. All the movies in the same movie folder that were not in their own folder are no longer showing up.

My music collection is weird also. Some cds the cover art shows up, others are just folders but when I click on the folder the album cover is in the upper right hand corner.

On another sound on when I play dvds will only play background music. I'm using an analog connection (and the audio output is set to analog) and changed the settings from 5.1 to 2.1 and still nothing. But all other content plays when set to 5.1
you cannot mix "movies in folders" and "movies without folder". Its either or.

@music: xbmc uses ID tags for scraping, so you have to make sure all files have proper ID tags.
if I create folder for the movies without folders will all my movies show back up? b/c ones in folders have disappeared.

A google search shows puddle tag for ubuntu, I guess I will download that see if I could fix my files. Going forward what is my best option for ripping CDs so they will have proper ID tags. I see XBMC has a CD ripper. Is it safe to assume it will provide ID tags?

you can set the scraper to not use folder names and select recursive scan. that should work for all movies, as long as they have proper names
Could I set it from the Movie folder on my usb drive so all movies in that folder get updated? b/c trying that before is how this problem started
I got the movie thing sorted out for the most part. The files in Usb hard drive>Movies> Folders don't all show album art, but when I navigate to movies they do. There is one movie that has the wrong cover on the usb drive. I tried changing thums and updating library but that doesn't work. I was able to change the dvd cover in my library. Any thoughts on this?

I still don't know how to fix my music. I ripped a cd to my library with xbmc. All the info is there but no pic.
just realized there is a scraping thread. sorry, I will ask questions there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraping problems0