• 2(current)
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release
(2012-06-19, 10:00)erhnam Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 09:46)wsnipex Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 01:56)loopez Wrote: working suprisingly nice - only issue with screen calibration ( have to be redone each tie after restart )

if you mean underscan(black boarders) on ATI:
Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0
sudo service lightdm start

this completely disables underscan

Thanks. Let me know if this fixes your problem. If so, I can add this to the livecd as well.
i'm on ION and HDMI output

system -> settings -> screen calibration. it wont save my setting and after restart always do the same 0,0 etc. ( mine is 53,46 45,29 1042 ) - but i can live with it
just wanted to say thanks!

will you be doing these each month?
(2012-06-20, 08:54)neil.j1983 Wrote: just wanted to say thanks!

will you be doing these each month?

Hopefully. Depends on the quality of each monthly build.
This seems to be working great so far on my nVidia GT430 including FLAC 5.1 etc.

I'm curious why the drivers being used from nVidia are the 295.40, weren't they supposed to be buggy with AudioEngine? Also, I notice CPU usage on 1 of my 2 cores is always at 100% when playing a movie.

Any ideas on this.

Thanks, very impressed.
hi,

if i upgrade from my current xbmcbuntu eden version via usb stick, will all my settings and sources get deleted?
@bennyboy79
Boot into you current xbmcbuntu and do:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Your settings and sources should not be touched. You can backup your .xbmc directory.
Code:
cp -a /home/xbmc/.xbmc /home/xbmc/xbmc-bak
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks fritsch,

ive managed to use your instructions to upgrade. i turned my revo on and it showed the xbmc loading logo, then went to the ubuntu, i selected xbmcbuntu from the login box and it then took me to the ubuntu desktop. i have turned off and back on and it still takes me to desktop. how to do run xbmc now and make it run automatically?

thanks a lot
(2012-06-22, 09:09)bennyboy79 Wrote: thanks fritsch,

ive managed to use your instructions to upgrade. i turned my revo on and it showed the xbmc loading logo, then went to the ubuntu, i selected xbmcbuntu from the login box and it then took me to the ubuntu desktop. i have turned off and back on and it still takes me to desktop. how to do run xbmc now and make it run automatically?

thanks a lot

logout of ubuntu, then at the login screen, click the drop down box to chose "xbmc" instead of "xbmcbuntu", type your password, click login.

It will then automatically login to "xbmc" again.
(2012-06-22, 16:01)robo989 Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 09:09)bennyboy79 Wrote: thanks fritsch,

thanks a lot

logout of ubuntu, then at the login screen, click the drop down box to chose "xbmc" instead of "xbmcbuntu", type your password, click login.

It will then automatically login to "xbmc" again.

yeah, i thought that was what i did last time when i installed eden, but now i only have xbmcbuntu and openbox as choices

(2012-06-21, 16:04)robo989 Wrote: I'm curious why the drivers being used from nVidia are the 295.40, weren't they supposed to be buggy with AudioEngine? Also, I notice CPU usage on 1 of my 2 cores is always at 100% when playing a movie.

Curious why these were chosen as well. Its working fine for me, but its my understanding that 290.10 is currently the stablest for AE on Linux.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
Has anyone actually had bit streaming HD audio through and AMD/ATI chip?

Dumb question - how do I determine which audio config to use? I've got 12 of them on my ION2 system, and none of them seem to work.

On the same ubuntu build, I've got MythTV working fine over HDMI.
Okay, had to set a custom driver string for XBMC to get sound from my ION. Fortunately, MythTV had a proper list, so I copied the driver string from MythTV into XBMC, and it worked. Not sure why XBMC couldn't list the proper driver?

Also got native 24p/60p working.

But I only get LPCM for HD audio, no bitstreaming. Is this expected on the ION2? I'm using a Zotac ZBOX ID41 (or maybe ID40).

Any help is greatly appreciated!
(2012-06-18, 15:06)erhnam Wrote: Please be aware that this version contain many bugs and is for testing purposes only!

I gave this build a try today. AudioEngine on this build works great, Also gives me menu sounds which I never had before.

PC: HP microserver N36L
Sound Card: Generic PCIe x1 using spdif audio passthrough to my receiver
Video Card: PCIe x16 Geforce GT520 1gb ram. HDMI video out to TV.

DVD and Bluray playback on the other hand were completely broken. Whilst some DVD playback was fine the majority of DVD I tried to playback were very unstable, When trying to play either iso or file mode gives all kinds of errors or just freezes. Also when I try to play a bluray nothing happens at all.

Is there something I need to do or install to get DVD and Bluray playback working again? Seems like the only functions I have found so far not working for me in this build.

[quote='loopez' pid='1131020' dateline='1340163091']
Quote:i'm on ION and HDMI output
system -> settings -> screen calibration. it wont save my setting and after restart always do the same 0,0 etc. ( mine is 53,46 45,29 1042 ) - but i can live with it

I have the same problems on my ION2 system. Even with the actual build of xbmc from today (resolution fixes).
I think the x server overrides the xbmc settings with every reboot, anyone has an idea how to fix?

Actually a nice work! Is there also a 64bit rel since the xbmc packages are also available as 64bit?

Dan
@dan3o3:
Just build it on 64bit and fine or just wait some days till wsnipex builds new packages.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release1