• 4(current)
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release
Installs and runs fine on my Fusion system (even recognised my ASUS USB-N53 WLAN card straight away - whoo!), and after adding libnfs1 and libnfs-dev that works too. But when I play a file (in this case a Hi10p 1080p MKV), the loading animation never stops and if I press "Stop" on my remote the whole system locks up. Any ideas? Smile
Hi10p on AMD Fusion won't work, it is too slow.

Btw. there is no hardware decoding unit that supports Hi10p, but never the less: it should not crash.
Do you have a sample? I think I never had Hi10p content before.

To quote the hi10p inclusion:
Code:
On an only slightly less frequently requested note, anime fans will be happy to learn that elupus has incorporated Hi10P playback into XBMC. A massive caveat to this development is that, in order to play back 1080p 10bit video, you are going to need an incredibly powerful machine with a very fast CPU (we’re talking desktop grade hardware). Users are reporting that 720p video appears to be at least workable on your lower level CPUs, but any expectations for silky smooth playback on something like the NVIDIA ION platform will almost certainly be met with disappointment. With that said, if you are currently running a fairly powerful machine, XBMC is finally ready to play your anime.

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-06-25, 20:17)FernetMenta Wrote: @wsnipex
There is an additional fix for video calibration I did yesterday. Is you ppa up-to-date?

it is as of now. again, I'm talking about the testing one.
(2012-06-25, 19:48)wsnipex Wrote: video calibration should already be fixed in the latest version of the testing ppa

@ernham, is the ppa enabled in your build or did you just add the xbmc package?

ppa is enabled. @all users; to upgrade; simply use the sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade commands.
(2012-06-25, 19:17)d_hero Wrote: Finally MCE remote doesnt resume the box if I use the instructions ive always used. I had to follow this instructions to add a rule in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1968487

its great to have some of my issues sorted though!

Could you be more precise on what you did? This allows me to incorporate this into a next version.
(2012-06-26, 11:08)erhnam Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 19:17)d_hero Wrote: Finally MCE remote doesnt resume the box if I use the instructions ive always used. I had to follow this instructions to add a rule in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1968487

its great to have some of my issues sorted though!

Could you be more precise on what you did? This allows me to incorporate this into a next version.

I followed this instructions:

On my Mythbuntu and MCE remote setup:

Created a new rule:

Code:
sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mcewakeup.rules

Entered this in with the correct product and vendor id's (with the help of lsusb):

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0815" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'"

Edited one line in my grub (added "usbcore.autosuspend=-1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax"):

Code:
sudo gedit /etc/default/grub

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend=-1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax"

Then:

Code:
sudo update-grub

Then after a reboot tested it and it worked.

The problem is that it relies on the vendor id and product id for each different usb receiver
(2012-06-26, 11:07)erhnam Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 19:48)wsnipex Wrote: video calibration should already be fixed in the latest version of the testing ppa

@ernham, is the ppa enabled in your build or did you just add the xbmc package?

ppa is enabled. @all users; to upgrade; simply use the sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade commands.

Which ppa do i use to update the build? or is it already in there? Im running the build from the first post with nvidia card, not ATI, but the only ppa i can find refers to ATI cards only?
How do people,

Posted a week or so ago stating that tvheadend included in this release is non-functional because it is impossible to login, anyone had any luck getting it working?

Can get git version to work but not ideal since you have to manually start it every time xbmc boots.

Thanx!
hm.. for me - scanning for new content is weird... ( from SIckbeard - episodes updates seamlessy - and are added to library and "newest episodes" without any issues) - from Couchpotato ( and CPv2) - new movie is triggering scanning whole library not adding.

also - new movies are added in weird way ( in newest i have "predators" on top - and all new movies are added below this one... "

- compiled yesterday from git
for the AMD users: h264 L5.1 works now :B

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1136474
on how to enable it
(2012-06-28, 20:01)wsnipex Wrote: for the AMD users: h264 L5.1 works now :B

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1136474
on how to enable it

Thanks. A new livecd has been released with this change. Libnfs has also been added to this livecd. Download:

http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcbuntu-11....ing-v2.iso
I just upgraded from Eden but am struggling with NFS. Same error as stated out by others:

23:54:51 T:2944400240 ERROR: NFS: Error loading libnfs (HandleDyLoad).
23:54:51 T:2944400240 ERROR: Unable to load libnfs.so.1, reason: libnfs.so.1:$

libnfs0 was already installed, but I read something about libnfs1 here which is not part of any default repository/the ppa.. Which source should I use?

Edit:/ Okay, after all that was a stupid question (: Besides using your posted PPA I also need to upgrade to 12.04.. Got that (:
wow I thought I'll never see L5.1 support in my life time .... Smile
Thanks guys will try out the new livecd.
(2012-06-28, 13:54)loopez Wrote: hm.. for me - scanning for new content is weird... ( from SIckbeard - episodes updates seamlessy - and are added to library and "newest episodes" without any issues) - from Couchpotato ( and CPv2) - new movie is triggering scanning whole library not adding.

also - new movies are added in weird way ( in newest i have "predators" on top - and all new movies are added below this one... "

- compiled yesterday from git

It sounds like your movies are being sorted in collections (automatically grouped), you need to untick that option (wherever it is!)
(2012-06-18, 15:06)erhnam Wrote: Update 29/06/2012: New release with libnfs and h264 L5.1 hd sound support for AMD users: http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcbuntu-11....ing-v2.iso

I read the post which was linked to phoronix and understand that L5.1 has been added. Are you saying that TrueHD and MA now work with AMD cards and Linux. I would of thought this would of been bigger news on these forums.

Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
It can't work. fglrx does not support it at the moment, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128298

Quote for you:
Quote:Due to the way the fglrx drivers are implemented in Linux, ATI based cards cannot stream HD audio via HDMI (DTS and Dolby 5.1 are not HD audio codecs. You can still get surround sound, just not TrueHD or DTS-HD). This is because their audio system cannot handle more than 2 channels. At the current time, the radeon open-source driver only supports 2 channel HDMI audio when running Linux kernel >= 3.3. (http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.ph...DMI-Audio)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release1