Advancedsettings.xml
hi, i'm a new user of xbmc trying to get to grips with a windows install before i move on to raspbmc, which seems to be largely the same. My media library is configured for Media Browser and i'd really like to leave it like that because i use Windows Media Center and Media Browser on my HTPC.

My issue is that because the trailers for each movie are in subfolders i get a lot of "Trailer Horn" entries which i kind of understand but don't want. so i thought from looking at the wiki that i could use the advancedsettings.xml to exclude the trailers as they are all commonly named. but, it doesn't seem to work. my advancedsettings.xml file reads:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-trailers</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

what am i doing wrong? is it looking at the folder names rather than the video files? the only way i have been able exclude the Trailer Horn entries is by adding the source at the folder level and telling it not to search recursively but i was hoping there was a more elegant solution so i can add sources at the root?

thanks for any help
From the wiki

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]-trailer|-horn[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>

I don't know any horn files... but you can exclude them too.
hi Pat, Thanks for your response but thats still not working for me. all files are named trailer.ext and are in a subfolder to the movie folder called "trailers". i presume i just need this in the advanced settings.xml

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]-trailer[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>

but i still see the trailers being picked up in the library. i can't determine from either your post or the wiki whether the </advancedsettings> wrapper is required, but i've tried with and without and still no difference. could you explain what this is trying to do? [!-._ \\/]

perhaps you could explain what
you also need the surrounding advancedsettings tag.
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-._ \\/]trailers[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

or/and exclude from listing.

perfect. thanks very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advancedsettings.xml0