OS X H264 performance issue.
I have this old (2009) MacMini (still using an Intel chipset) with MacOS 10.7.x. I am able to play 720p h264 videos in it without problems.

Recently I tried to play a 1080p movie and it was stuttering a lot in high action scenes. At first I attributed that to "the machine can not handle it" but, jsut for the sake of it, I tried to play the same video under Plex and VLC on the same machine. In both cases the movie played fine as far as I can tell.

Is there any specific reason for XBMC being slower than than either Plex or VLC (as I underdstand it, they all end up using the same decoders, right?). Is there any hidden settings that could help improving performance in this case?

Thanks in advance.
I think you're being too general when you say "they all end up using the same decoders" - i'm ery certain it's not as simple as that.

Anyway, what settings have you got on - is hardware acceleration on? (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s#Playback)

Chris!

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I went into the settings for my linux box running Eden and turned off all hardware acceleration and my files started playing correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H264 performance issue.0