J, I hear what your saying. What you've done so far is GREAT, much better! It's possible to get a slim-interface COMPRESSED with alot of info on the page... it's almost there, two ideas here:
1. The most area open for visuals/visualizations/GOOM
2. The most info needed/necessary
Ok, what I think is necessary info for a song screen:
1. Artist, Album, Title
2. Infobar, Entire-Time-of-Track, Counter
3. Upcoming Next Track
Ok, these are the added bonuses:
1. Weather Outside, Date
2. Album Art (real bonus, not essential)
3. File-Type-Info, Ratings (is this really important? idk)
Ok, what looks good so far here, what looks normal, what doesn't/need-not change
1. The Weather-Clock-Date (fits the Metropolis motif of course). I'll call this the MetClock
2. Some sort of Trap-Box to prevent info from washing out.
Everything else can be modified I think in size.
I uploaded another skins' song screen, please don't mind.. Only for demo purposes:
Ok, you can see here that the album-art area could be replaced by the MetClock rather easily (smaller than the album-art to begin with). Also I like the way the rest of the elements are COMPRESSED in, using the right side wall of the album-art as an anchor. Oh yeah, they use a gradiated background trap box for their info. It gradiates downward so it looks lighter, but still keeps the info from washing out. Upper Corners: The track-count is a nice freebie, the MetClock beats their clock.
So an obvious possibility would be to anchor the needed info off the left-side of the MetClock, right-justified alignment. Float other bonuses in the upper corners. .. if need be and looks good.