For addon and skin developers
Here is a simple converter for the new PO format to the old XML format. https://github.com/Giftie/po_to_xml

Follow the README for method of use.. This is based on the PO files that you would download from Transifex. It will automatically use the english string if the string has not yet been translated.

It should work for all addons..

Great News Giftie, thanks, I will try now, converting po files skin aeon.mq 4 to xml.

Gifite, work very well, easy to work, i am sending soon one Private Message to you, i need little help.

Thanks.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hope it works.. I didn't test skins but it knows were the language files are... skin.folder/language

Thanks for the help Giftie !

Just ans an info you might already know: for Frodo addons we will soon be uploading addon PO files to an official Transifex project.

Thanks, Cheers, Attila
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Giftie, for perfect tool, work great.
(2012-06-19, 08:35)alanwww1 Wrote: Thanks for the help Giftie !

Just ans an info you might already know: for Frodo addons we will soon be uploading addon PO files to an official Transifex project.

Thanks, Cheers, Attila

Though they would only be for official repo addons

(2012-06-19, 16:10)giftie Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 08:35)alanwww1 Wrote: Thanks for the help Giftie !

Thanks, Cheers, Attila

Though they would only be for official repo addons

Not necessarily. We can do a non-official repo addons project under the umbrella of the xbmc Transifex project with shared translation memory. We would need somebody to maintain it for sure, but with the tool I am creating, it will be really easy. We can also host it under the xbmc translations github repo.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm a bit confused as to what's meant to happen when running this.

I followed the instructions for one of my skins and it said 'Finished converting .po files' but nothing has changed in my language folder.
Hitcher, you need po file in english, to convert to xml file (create one by script), for all languages, in my case i have

c:\skin\languages\english\strings.po
c:\skin\languages\french\strings.po

after script

c:\skin\languages\english\strings.po
c:\skin\languages\english\strings.xml

c:\skin\languages\french\strings.po
c:\skin\languages\french\strings.xml

Convert my po files to XML, work great, but you need PO files in english of course (source language).
I tried it with Python 3.2, and it doesn't seem to work. Worked like a treat with version 2.7. And the full path was not necessary for the script to work, at least in my case.

Also, here's a roundup of your Windows instructions for noobs like me (provided Python 2.7 is installed from here):
Go to the folder where "po_to_xml.py" is located -> Create a new text file, and enter the following in it:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Python27\python.exe" po_to_xml.py skin

-> Save the file, and rename it to "po_to_xml.bat" -> Create a folder, and name it "skin" -> Create a folder in "skin", and name it "language" -> Create a folder in "language", name it "English", and place the English "strings.po" in it -> Repeat the previous step for every translation, naming the folders according to the language of the translation -> Go back, and run "po_to_xml.bat" -> A "strings.xml" file has been created in every language folder.
I'm still confused, sorry guys. Undecided

Do I have to manually make this strings.po file initially from my current strings.xml then?
Script from alanwww1 can make a .op from an .xml
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Cheers, where can I find it?
@Hitcher, here:

https://github.com/alanwww1/xbmc-xml2po/downloads
Is this the correct usage?

Code:
C:\Users\Kevin>F:\Downloads\xbmc-xml2po_v096.exe -s C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.
alaska.hd\

All I get is a message that 'LGPLed libiconv for Windows' has stopped working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For addon and skin developers0