[RELEASE] XBMC OBD-II
Hi Guys,

This is an addon to read data from ELM327 based OBD2 scanners. In plain English, this plugin will read data from the OBD2 plugin in your car. If you have a car in America (no matter the make) that was produced after 1996, you have and OBD2 port. With this addon you can read data about your car. So far you can get your current speed, RPM, Engine Run TIme, Intake Temp, MAF, Coolant Temp and Engine Load. This plugin is far from complete and I'm always fixing it and adding new features. As of 6-18-2012, this is the first release. It's still buggy, but please feel free to try it out and report bugs.

My idea is to use XBMC along with this plugin as a "CarPuter".

Download Link

Github Repo
Cool! I used to be big into the car-pc scene, until smartphones were invented lol!

There was a time that I was transitioning from being a Carpc enthusiast to an HTPC enthusiast, and I often wondered about XBMC as a front-end.

What are you using for GPS? Planning another addon?
I haven't implemented GPS yet, but it's in the pipeline.
(2012-06-19, 05:08)JoeyJoeJoJo Wrote: I haven't implemented GPS yet, but it's in the pipeline.
That is amazing!
I might be able to help you with that. I'm currently planning/building a rasbery pi based car system. It's primary role is log and upload gps data as well as have theft alert/tracking feature. I'm currently writing my own application to aceive this.

Some questions.

I don't have an obd scanner to test this with. Do you have some screenshots to demonstrate? If this is good, it will influence what obd scanner i buy. Do you have more info on what type of scanner I need? Is this pluggin linux compatable?
@chrisbay90,

this plugin i am sure will talk to a usb-> OBD-II interface.

they are fairly common and readily avail from online shopping sites like erm ebay etc

i have of coarse not tried this plugin, but i have used OBD-II software previously

i hope this helps.

btw, i really like this idea. i have a mate with ipad 2 in his car and obd-ii bluetooth device. i know hes gonna love it

Dam0
Hi, I can't even start the add-on. It keeps "Attempting to open serial port". Is there any progress on the development of it?

Regards, ptnetsurfer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC OBD-II0