totals in genre / year view
is it possible to display the totals of watched / unwatched in the Genre list view and/or the Year list view, or do any of the other views provide that info that I am missing?
(2012-06-19, 20:36)tjpoe Wrote: is it possible to display the totals of watched / unwatched in the Genre list view and/or the Year list view, or do any of the other views provide that info that I am missing?

The only way to get library stats views is to create a smart playlist and then add as a custom menu to your home menu. It's quite simple to create playlists for genres and years however not sure how practical it would be to create playlists for individual years, perhaps a playlist with multiple rules so you could have one for each decade and then sort them by year in descending order.
so if I did it by playlists as you mention, could I still have the submenu effect after I select it?

right now when I select "year" or "genre" from the submenu, it takes me to another page, with each of the years or genres.

So I would click on a smart playlist from the home menu, but how do I create a playlist that has other playlists in it? wouldn't selecting the playlist just show all of the contents of the other playlists?
(2012-06-20, 06:28)tjpoe Wrote: so if I did it by playlists as you mention, could I still have the submenu effect after I select it?

right now when I select "year" or "genre" from the submenu, it takes me to another page, with each of the years or genres.

So I would click on a smart playlist from the home menu, but how do I create a playlist that has other playlists in it? wouldn't selecting the playlist just show all of the contents of the other playlists?

No playlists when selected take you straight to the library view of the movies included, they don't take you to a page listing options like when you open the Genres and Year submenu.

If you want to have Genre and Year submenus for playlists then you would need to save Genres and Years as favourites, then under Settings, select a Custom menu, add the playlist then select one of the custom submenus and add Genres, Years etc from your favourites.

I'm not in front of my home computer so can't remember the exact location of where you can find Genres and Years to add as a favourite but it's in the Videos menu, you need to open one of the parent menu items to see Genres, Actors, Year, Directors etc then access the context menu to add as a favourite.
thanks i will try this tonight and see if it works.

maybe I can get the years broken down by decade too as that seems like it would be useful.
I tried this, and clicking on the new submenu item for Genre, just takes me to the same thing when I click on the normal Genre submenu item. Maybe I'm not clear, this is what I was looking for:

When I select Genre or Year, the list shows me a count for each:

1980 (12)
1981 (19)
1982 (21)

or

Action (4)
Adventure (29)
Comedy ( 210 )
Drama ( 239 )

etc.

It would be even better if it could show unwatched / total or watched / total

Action ( 3 / 4 )