Smart playlist issue / Shutdown issue
New user of XBMC loving the program so far but I have a few questions:

Running XBMC Eden in Windows 7 laptop connected via HDMI through AV Receiver then to HDTV.

I'm trying to create a smart playlist for my Criterion Collection movies. Using Ember Media Manager I've changed the Studio field to say "Criterion". What is strange is that only 3 movies out of 6 or so show up in the smart playlist. I've checked to make sure Criterion is listed for all movies under Studio. Even did a manual edit in Ember and it shows Criterion. Updated library in XMBC. Any ideas?

---

Other question is not necessarily with XBMC but what's happening is I have a 30-minute shutdown Idle timer set. Before bed, I turn off the TV and Receiver and HDMI cable is still connected to laptop. XBMC continues to run instead of shutting down, which I'd like to avoid since that means the CPU / Fan will be spiked up all night.
To test, I launch XBMC with Receiver and TV powered off and Idle timer works fine. This sounds like something on the HDMI bus hanging up. Any suggestions on how to get around this?
(2012-06-19, 23:35)deckard0 Wrote: New user of XBMC loving the program so far but I have a few questions:

Running XBMC Eden in Windows 7 laptop connected via HDMI through AV Receiver then to HDTV.

I'm trying to create a smart playlist for my Criterion Collection movies. Using Ember Media Manager I've changed the Studio field to say "Criterion". What is strange is that only 3 movies out of 6 or so show up in the smart playlist. I've checked to make sure Criterion is listed for all movies under Studio. Even did a manual edit in Ember and it shows Criterion. Updated library in XMBC. Any ideas?

---

Other question is not necessarily with XBMC but what's happening is I have a 30-minute shutdown Idle timer set. Before bed, I turn off the TV and Receiver and HDMI cable is still connected to laptop. XBMC continues to run instead of shutting down, which I'd like to avoid since that means the CPU / Fan will be spiked up all night.
To test, I launch XBMC with Receiver and TV powered off and Idle timer works fine. This sounds like something on the HDMI bus hanging up. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Have you refreshed each movie you made the change to?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
(2012-06-21, 00:50)KidKiwi Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 23:35)deckard0 Wrote: New user of XBMC loving the program so far but I have a few questions:

---

Have you refreshed each movie you made the change to?

I refreshed each movie with no change. I ended up having to remove each title from the library then adding them back. They now show the correct studio.

I like your idea of changing the studio flag, but fear it might lead to issues down the line. I've used sets for the same thing, and have seen issues as you're describing along with unwanted 'sets' showing up in a smartlist, and the only way out was <rule field="set" operator="isnot">Aliens</rule> I understand there is some very good changes just around the corner to how smart playlists work and how the library handles images, so things are about to change. I have also been warned that XBMC in the future 'may' not support this kind of manipulation and to use playlist and not sets.

re: your shut down issue, it's not clear if you're using some independent timer software/hardware to shut it all down, or XBMC itself. I have use the built in timer within XBMC (this might be skin dependent) and it does shut everything down in sequence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist issue / Shutdown issue0