Photo EXIF Issue
Long ago I added code to the skin's slideshow.xml folder to display a couple of EXIF tags. I noticed that XBMC won't display the tags for photos I scanned. After much trial and error, the only difference is that (obviously) scanned photos lack all of the camera info and settings tags. In reference to my debug log, "test - wedding.jpg" displays tags fine, but "test - NO.jpg" does not.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I unfortunately didn't expect much interest in EXIF tags, but one last try:

After significant trial & error, I have gotten nowhere! I have used different EXIF editors, and simply Windows/Properties/Details to clear and modify some photo tags. I cannot find any reason why with two photos taken minutes apart, one will display the EXIF Description and Tag in XBMC, while the other will not. I have a folder of scanned photos (thus empty of camera data) and only like 1 out of 15 will display EXIF data in the XBMC slideshow or screensaver.

The only thing I have determined is if I edit through Windows the EXIF data of a working photos, even by just changing one letter, the EXIF data will then no longer display in XBMC. Is there some hidden file data that could be sabotaging my EXIF data from being displayed?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I'm not a developer, so I'm honestly not sure, but if you make a bug report for this on trac (see the "Bugtracker" link at the top of the forum page. Just use your username and password from the forums) then it will be formally listed as an issue for the devs to see. It's easy for forum posts to slip past.
@ Ned Scott,

Good call.

In my efforts to gather as much data as possible on the matter, I discovered if I open one of the not-working images in photoshop, make any change and save it, the EXIF data then will display in XBMC. It's like Photoshop fixes whatever is wrong. I documented the details in my ticket. At least I can now have PS batch open & re-save images to fix my issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photo EXIF Issue0