HTPC Problems
Hi all. Just finished my build of the A6-Pack.(Thanx Beer). When i boot up iget an error message

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"
What did i do wrong
You either have a corrupted boot sector on your hard drive, or your boot sequence is out of order. If you have a usb hard drive hooked up try unplugging it. If that works then go into your bios and make sure your HD boots before USB devices and you shouldn't have any issues. If it is your boot sector you can fix it with the install cd but the exact process would be dependent on what OS you installed.
The ssd drive is brand new, nothing on it. Was just trying to get into bios settings but not sure how to.
did you install an operating system on it? when you first turn on the computer there should be something at the bottom of the screen that says Press <button> to enter BIOS setup
When the splash screen comes up hit DEL a few times to get into the BIOS. If you're not quick enough try and get to that message try again -- it means you went past POST and it's trying to start the OS.
DEL..... yes... you have to install your OS first.... Wink

Don't forget to change it to AHCI in bios for your SSD before you install windows....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Problems0